Stocks to watch

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was a US citizen I'd be buying I-Bonds right now, they're currently paying 9.62% interest (per annum) for the next 6 month term. I don't know where you'd find that reliably anywhere in the market right now.

My bet is still on small-cap oil and gas, as long as oil prices stay high.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yea not there. But in Alberta it's going to drop for sure pretty quick. Inventory for resale has jumped a ton, although a lot of it is idiots thinking they can list for really stupid prices, asking $1m for a $800k at best house stupid chit like that. There is so much building going on people think they are going to cash in and trade prices have went crazy. There is going to be so much unsold inventory soon.

Couldn't be happier i've dumped 3/4 of my houses.
Oh well thats great, maybe youll beable to afford 40$ cheese burgers then. .

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yea not there. But in Alberta it's going to drop for sure pretty quick. Inventory for resale has jumped a ton, although a lot of it is idiots thinking they can list for really stupid prices, asking $1m for a $800k at best house stupid chit like that. There is so much building going on people think they are going to cash in and trade prices have went crazy. There is going to be so much unsold inventory soon. I'm booked 4-5 weeks out and not even chasing work or advertising, haven't been this busy in quite a few years.

Couldn't be happier i've dumped 3/4 of my houses.
I think Calgary will be ok. It's attracting lots of people out of more expensive places right now and was flat/decreasing for the last decade. It's not a bubble like much of the rest of the country is right now.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding one for a million. Anything decent is 4 million

Not for long.

Our entire country is built on a pile of debt, eventually its going to crumble.

If you have time to watch Inside Job is a good documentary, detailing the '08 crash. Lots of similarities between then and now.

Screenshot (218).png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not for long.

Our entire country is built on a pile of debt, eventually its going to crumble.

If you have time to watch Inside Job is a good documentary, detailing the '08 crash. Lots of similarities between then and now.

View attachment 256244

Awesome. Then i could buy out there. Still waiting though....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was a US citizen I'd be buying I-Bonds right now, they're currently paying 9.62% interest (per annum) for the next 6 month term. I don't know where you'd find that reliably anywhere in the market right now.

My bet is still on small-cap oil and gas, as long as oil prices stay high.

That is a nice return. There isn't anything like that for Canadians?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Only reason why the ruble is doing well. Is because Russia has some of the EU by the balls for energy. And Russia is making them pay for said energy exports with the currency of their choosing. The Russian Ruble. My two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've started to look at high yield divided stocks. I found a few that pay dividends monthly. Trying them out now, upwards of 18-19% yield per year. When in a tfsa the dividends are tax free. Plan to keep reinvesting then to basically compound the return. main draw back is the trade commission. The stock price is quite stable as these are Financial stocks. Meaning they are basically funds that invest in big companies, usually banks.

FTN.TO is 14% now. Was 16% when I bought

Top Bottom