Stocks to watch

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also trading inside your TFSA, any losses you incur go against your contribution limit. For example, if you put $1000 into your TFSA and buy a stock, it goes down to $500 and you sell it,.. your TFSA contribution is still counted as $1000, you just lost $500 room.

But if you use a margin again doing the same thing, you can claim the $500 as capital losses for tax season, but you pay tax on anything you withdrawal.

I have 2 trading accounts,.. TFSA trading and RRSP trading

Which broker are you using to trade penny stocks with, if you don't mind me asking?
Do you have a recommendation?

Last edited:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here just use my bank.... RBC Direct Investing

RBC direct investing is the worst platform I’ve used....so archaic!

I also use Investorsedge which is a million times better.

Questrade is #1 rated...

If anything make sure whoever you use isn’t ripping you off with fees. You should be able to get $6.99 trade from numerous platforms (size doesn’t matter)

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big red today on a few I’m watching, had some strong trades last week, maybe time to buy back in ATE

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Blood in the streets.

Yup.... I'm down over $4k in the last 4 sessions. Need to learn to trust my gut, I was going to sell off a bunch of my green stuff at the beginning of last week if I had of I'd have caught the peak on most.

Now the question is..... get out now and wait for the dust to settle or hang on for a rebound. Most already bottomed out within the first 1/2 hour today and are slowly moving back up.

Damn crystal ball failed me again.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red days like today, which was brutal btw,.. are good for averaging down if you can. Don't sell,.. that's what the MM wants you to do,.. this was coordinated across the exchanges, no one can say otherwise. Stocks will recover, might take a day or 2..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bitcoin took a hit. 61,217 right now down from a high of 73000 a few days ago. not selling though.

Commodities were still in the green. Copper mnt mining was up, copper price up too. Exxon/suncor was in in the green today also. So that was good.

Maybe we're gearing up for another crash this march?

But with the amount of money printing going on, I think averaging down is a better option than selling.
(On some stuff. Bitcoin would have to drop alot for me to start buying again)

Last edited:

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gamestop GME was around $45 this morning - market closed at $90 after hours trading now over $180 .

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AMC up a bit too. The retards on WallStreetBets are pretty happy. But no way they have the resources for the 83 million volume seen today.

I'm watching silver more now than I ever have, the silver market is huge, but I think there is some merit to a silver shortage.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
AMC up a bit too. The retards on WallStreetBets are pretty happy. But no way they have the resources for the 83 million volume seen today.

I'm watching silver more now than I ever have, the silver market is huge, but I think there is some merit to a silver shortage.

I bought into First Majestic Silver last month... been good so far but I'm gonna keep it as a long hold

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought into First Majestic Silver last month... been good so far but I'm gonna keep it as a long hold

I don't have any silver miners, statistically I do very poorly at choosing successful mining companies, my current gold miner holding still reflects that trend.

I have just a small amount in a silver trust, PSLV. I think if I'm going to acquire more silver it will be in the physical form though, PSLV is supposed to be held as physical silver, but if it's in my hands I know for sure.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like fortuna silver i bought late july and have a target of $17
sold my nxe (uranium) a month back as there are big shorts on it now but will buy again if it gets under $4
b2 gold is lagging for me but have target of $10 so holding for now

Top Bottom