Stocks to watch

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blackrock doesn't necessarily own those assets though, most of the money they manage is other investors money, like from retirement accounts. So their valuation is probably fair considering much of the assets they manage aren't theirs.

I don't even know what to say about Tesla, the size of it's market cap isn't something I can't rationally explain.

But I agree, I have no desire to hold shares in either.

Ya i understand they are managing pension funds and all kinds of stuff.

At the end of the day they control 10trillion dollars, and in all fact.a lot more than that when you figure in that BlackRock, vanguard, jp mrogan ext ext all own each other, and the same people own the banks.

Without going too far down the conspiracy rabbit hole, the whole thing is a scam. imo.

There is some stocks on the tsx i would own. But for the most part im staying away from stocks and putting money in other asset classes for now.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think blackrocks market cap should be 100x what teslas is.
I wouldnt put money in either though.

What value does black rock have besides buying real estate and making housing unaffordable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Tesla's valuation is phucked.

But blackrock has much of it's assets under management in other ETFs or other investment vehicles, that's where that valuation is.

Tesla is going to $40,000/share. Presplit price of course.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What value does black rock have besides buying real estate and making housing unaffordable?

They own a piece of practically everything. Blackrock and vanguard.

Disclaimer: I know zero about stocks etc.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They own a piece of practically everything. Blackrock and vanguard.

Disclaimer: I know zero about stocks etc.

Oh yeah, I meant more like their value to society. But you’re right they own everything.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tesla is going to $40,000/share. Presplit price of course.

I'll believe when I see it. Maybe when 25% of the population owns a Tesla product.

Until then I think their run is running out of steam, Tesla has to sell a pile of product to justify being at 10% of today's valuation.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Besides owning the entire stock market almost none id say.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They allow an average investor to hold a diverse array of equities easily and at a low cost which eliminates the need to have highly concentrated portfolios and reduces concentration risk. They are one of the largest providers of index funds.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They allow an average investor to hold a diverse array of equities easily and at a low cost which eliminates the need to have highly concentrated portfolios and reduces concentration risk. They are one of the largest providers of index funds.

Can’t get to the moon by diversifying.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have cash available now to invest but the way things are it scares the fawk out of me. I'm not in it for the long term, I would want to cash out next spring-summer. I wonder if i'm better off investing elsewhere right now? The market seems crazy. Maybe take $1k and get a feel for things and see how it goes. I'm not a gambler to the point of potentially taking a 6 figure hit or something insane.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this inflation keeps up, youre losing 20% + a year sitting in cash. Markets are crashing too, tough market right now. Im thinking more gold.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this inflation keeps up, youre losing 20% + a year sitting in cash. Markets are crashing too, tough market right now. Im thinking more gold.

Yes and no, depends how much things drop back in price once things get back to normal. Things can't continue to go up in price much more, too many just won't be able to afford it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what it is. Housing will drop back down, interest rates are going to kill demand pretty soon here.

Where you talking? Real estate is different depends on the market. No affordable housing in the lower mainland any time soon lmao

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you talking? Real estate is different depends on the market. No affordable housing in the lower mainland any time soon lmao

Oh yea not there. But in Alberta it's going to drop for sure pretty quick. Inventory for resale has jumped a ton, although a lot of it is idiots thinking they can list for really stupid prices, asking $1m for a $800k at best house stupid chit like that. There is so much building going on people think they are going to cash in and trade prices have went crazy. There is going to be so much unsold inventory soon. I'm booked 4-5 weeks out and not even chasing work or advertising, haven't been this busy in quite a few years.

Couldn't be happier i've dumped 3/4 of my houses.

Top Bottom