Stock turbo t3 from doo for 2016

Flyer

Reaction score
A factory turbo may not be so far fetched. In aviation, turbo normalizing is common. The system is set up on a NA engine to maintain sea level performance up to a specified altitude. To build a system for a two stroke snowmobile and program a controller to adjust boost and maintain rated horsepower to 10,000' would not be difficult, and the reliability would surprise you.

a stock 800 cc eTec at 160 hp is down to 120 hp at 7000' and +1°C on a standard pressure day. I doubt any big bore builds could produce 160 hp at 7000' as effortlessly as a turbo normalized stock engine could.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
That's nice, but again..... again...... again. Noise restrictions and emissions all have to be met.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. I think we are a few years away from a factory turbo 2 smoke.

so many variables, I am sure something is on the shelf, but it won't be introduced until they need a new game changing weapon. They first have to deal with weight, which the next chassis will address. C3 is a player for the next gens for sure. They have some good stuff out.

T3/C3

Haven't seen one yet. When you figure it out and how to get it all to fit in there, let me know, I'd like to see it.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have any of you looked at the emission rating of what the e-tecs are? Next time you see the tag on the handle bar, go and compare it to their 4-stroke maverick and you will be surprised how clean the 2-stroke is rated.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one yet. When you figure it out and how to get it all to fit in there, let me know, I'd like to see it.

Well I don't work for BRP... And I'm betting you've never tested one for emissions or DB's either...:rolleyes:

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Well I don't work for BRP... And I'm betting you've never tested one for emissions or DB's either...:rolleyes:

Nope, your right there, but I'm not making any claims to the possibility of things I know nothing about. However, what I do know, is that I didnt get my factory can on my T3 because they could not make the noise level requirements. Having said that, I know how much room there is under the hood of my sled and I know how much room a turbo takes up once it's installed. After all that, there is no way that the stock suit case (to meet noise restrictions) and a turbo will fit. That's all I'm saying, I could also be in denial about it, being my turbo is getting installed as we speak. I imagine a factory one would be exceptionally cheaper.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, your right there, but I'm not making any claims to the possibility of things I know nothing about. However, what I do know, is that I didnt get my factory can on my T3 because they could not make the noise level requirements. Having said that, I know how much room there is under the hood of my sled and I know how much room a turbo takes up once it's installed. After all that, there is no way that the stock suit case (to meet noise restrictions) and a turbo will fit. That's all I'm saying, I could also be in denial about it, being my turbo is getting installed as we speak. I imagine a factory one would be exceptionally cheaper.

I'm willing to bet money the T3 can thing was because they didn't want to tool up for it at the factory, not because of emissions or noise.

Why spend a million tooling up for this can when they have one that works already and most people switch them out any way?

Especially if they are planning on some bigger changes on a all new sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet money the T3 can thing was because they didn't want to tool up for it at the factory, not because of emissions or noise.

Why spend a million tooling up for this can when they have one that works already and most people switch them out any way?

Especially if they are planning on some bigger changes on a all new sled.

How much money? I'll bet you 10,000$. It was emmissions. And I need ten grand I spent way to much sledding and partying the last 4 days lol!!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hopes of a stock turbo for next season got trashed recently when Brad at aero told me they were invited to represent their kit once again at doos new release in Vegas... Would not see doo releasing one and inviting aero to show off theirs..

Don't understand why doo always get so close and flops out on the kill shot... They made the three inch 174, put a turbo on the maverick.. Now Make a dam turbos or the etec, charge accordingly $$ and offer limited warrenty... They seam to always leave to much on the table for the compition

always next year..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much money? I'll bet you 10,000$. It was emmissions. And I need ten grand I spent way to much sledding and partying the last 4 days lol!!!

OK 10 grand. I know thats the BS BRP is feeding us, but please explain to me how that can would effect emmisions?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK 10 grand. I know thats the BS BRP is feeding us, but please explain to me how that can would effect emmisions?

It's a lineup total. They are allowed to have a certain decibel and emmission level for the entire snowmobile lineup. That slightly louder and less clean can pushed them over their lineup total. Still bs though because they should have known exactly how many points they had to work with. I know more about it but I really don't want to piss off my sources by talking on here LOL

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a lineup total. They are allowed to have a certain decibel and emmission level for the entire snowmobile lineup. That slightly louder and less clean can pushed them over their lineup total. Still bs though because they should have known exactly how many points they had to work with

Thanks that could be, but not good enough for me to pay you the 10g's!! Haha

Probably won't see a factory Turbo, but a guy can dream.... lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks that could be, but not good enough for me to pay you the 10g's!! Haha

Probably won't see a factory Turbo, but a guy can dream.... lol

Hey I'm all for a factory turbo and I'm sure it will come. But not now. It just makes business sense to wait and not let all of your tricks out of the bag at once. To be honest I was totally surprised they released the 174 this season I figured they would have done the 163x3 and kept that one for 2016. When you have the top mountain sled by a long shot you keep your goodies in the bag until the others catch up or exceed and then BAM turbo. I think once cat and polaris catch up by using larger tracks and matching the HP we will see some cool new stuff. Look at the turbo maverick. One day polaris comes out with the 1000 that beats the maverick and the following year Boom turbo. BNG would be my guess until polaris releases a comparable machine to the 174x3 skidoo

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm all for a factory turbo and I'm sure it will come. But not now. It just makes business sense to wait and not let all of your tricks out of the bag at once. To be honest I was totally surprised they released the 174 this season I figured they would have done the 163x3 and kept that one for 2016. When you have the top mountain sled by a long shot you keep your goodies in the bag until the others catch up or exceed and then BAM turbo. I think once cat and polaris catch up by using larger tracks and matching the HP we will see some cool new stuff. Look at the turbo maverick. One day polaris comes out with the 1000 that beats the maverick and the following year Boom turbo. BNG would be my guess until polaris releases a comparable machine to the 174x3 skidoo

Oh you are right on that one, they have been testing out the Turbo for years.

Cat and Polaris are bringing out some new stuff for next season and you know Doo won't just sit still,, harder to hit a moving target.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
They COULD call it a racing version... much like the aftermarket exhaust companies do. Sell it as a limited production race sled. Sell it and make the customers say that they will only use it on close track areas. boom problem solved. And to even make it easier have it as a custom build. It would eliminate all the b.s that goes along with it. turbo, nitrous.... whatever you want installed. race cans no snowflap, headlight deletes.. possibilities are endless

Top Bottom