Staying in the Renshaw parking lot

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was paying under 70 cents a litre for diesel in the summer of 2019, I’m no mathematician but that’s less than 10 years ago, also was paying $200 for 3 nights at best western in Valemount 4 years ago. Just paid $420 for two nights last week. Some costs have definitely doubled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That may be but on average fuel prices have been over a dollar a liter since 2012 in BC and most of Canada.

Valemount has probably the highest room rates outside of Whistler lately. It's been average $150-200 a night for rooms in most resort towns for years.
Stayed in Revy last month for $150/night including breakfast.
Gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
[/QUOTE]
Where did you stay? I’d be all over that. Was it a room with two queen beds?
[/QUOTE]
Best Western, yes 2 queen beds. Was a good deal, buddy reserved it in November. He books lots of rooms in advance, cancels if not needed. Gets good prices that way.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That may be but on average fuel prices have been over a dollar a liter since 2012 in BC and most of Canada.

Valemount has probably the highest room rates outside of Whistler lately. It's been average $150-200 a night for rooms in most resort towns for years.
Stayed in Revy last month for $150/night including breakfast.
Gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
[/QUOTE]
Best Western, yes 2 queen beds. Was a good deal, buddy reserved it in November. He books lots of rooms in advance, cancels if not needed. Gets good prices that way.
[/QUOTE]
And I’ve heard that’s a real breakfast there as opposed to the Eggo waffle and yogurt at the Days. Will have to look into it. I was told they were more expensive than that. It may make a difference when you stay. The Days price varies by the time of the week which is bull crap in my opinion.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better get McTeague from gas buddy on here for some gas price info so we can have an accurate “camping in the parking lot” thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I’ve heard that’s a real breakfast there as opposed to the Eggo waffle and yogurt at the Days. Will have to look into it. I was told they were more expensive than that. It may make a difference when you stay. The Days price varies by the time of the week which is bull crap in my opinion.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow these quotes are all messed up, and hard to read.

I personally do not see the big deal is someone has the ability to camp in a staging area to save costs. The price of everything had gone up and the wages are not linear with the inflation.
Sled camping sounds like fun actually and I often considered buying a sled trailer and rigging it up to stay in the staging area.
Ive been bring my own fuel to BC for years, more a convenience instead of jockeying for a fuel pump at the time, but the savings adds up.

To me the price of a room at the sandman or the north country for those old worn down motels is a tad much, very little upgrades have been done to them.
I love the town, I love the people and the riding areas, but IMO if thinking outside the box allows someone to keep riding to keep costs down, do what you have to, to keep ripping.

Ghfalls

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun adventure. Do it and report back. I’ve tented in the Clemina parking lot before at -15 and it was fun. Drying out gear may be a bit of a problem in an rv though. If I had an enclosed trailer I would sleep in it all the time. Dollars seem to be getting harder to hold onto these days so every dollar saved is a good thing.
Cheers.

Top Bottom