Staying in the Renshaw parking lot

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the guys from gibbons Motorsports in there years ago with a big diesel pusher. I thought that would be a great idea till I really thought about it. Would have to cook your own meals, hard to clean up and shower after a day of sleds because most rvs aren’t winter rated, a small tv would stink like sweat and wet boots at the end of the day, and driving one in the mountains with snow and ice doesn’t sound fun.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone has there line in the sand of what they will and will not doo to go sledding. Think this could be cool thread if people leave politics out of it. When my son wants to go sledding every other weekend one day a slide in camper and a trailer might be an option.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the guys from gibbons Motorsports in there years ago with a big diesel pusher. I thought that would be a great idea till I really thought about it. Would have to cook your own meals, hard to clean up and shower after a day of sleds because most rvs aren’t winter rated, a small tv would stink like sweat and wet boots at the end of the day, and driving one in the mountains with snow and ice doesn’t sound fun.
I used my class A motorhome on the ski hill in Fernie for 12 winters. Set it up in Oct and pilled out in May and never had a problem and it was very comfortable. Got my moneys worth out of it lol

Lot of guys triggered by the fellows query about camping and bringing his own supplies. All I can say is were I am in BC the same points are made about supporting the town but all the town folk ever do is curse out the dam Albertans and bitch about their big trucks and sled trailers. lol

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a good time and experience to try out once or twice, but I’m sure u can’t beet makin a mess in a hotel/restaurant and walkin away from it. Camping out at the lot would b fun, but could get old fast, especially for the guy that owns the camper lol

I think the bad sarcastic line at the end of this guys post is what’s got every one pissy about a good idea, to try out once or twice for the experience

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya…totally right!!!!
Wa wa about albertans and red plates all over BC, like we were the plague.
We have all heard it.
Just to funny

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay home. Mcbride doesn't need your support. Or should I say lack of support. You think Covid was any easier on the people of Mcbride. While the covid mandates may have kept you from going to Mcbride, you not going didn't cost you anything, but you not going cost the community dearly. I personally haven't been back to Mcbride for 3 years. Yes I have lost the desire to go snowmobiling, but that does not mean I will not visit Mcbride again. And I will spend my hard earned money in that fine community. Be it for fuel , groceries or a place to camp. If everyone had your attitude towns and communities like Mcbide will slowly fade away.

I'm a firm believer tht you have to pay to play. If you want to play in someone elses community it's only fair that you support that community.

There I said my peice, now feel free to rebutt if you dare.
A bunch of harsh comments for someone asking a question. We regularly camp out when we are out of town AND contribute to the local community. We do this as it is much less hectic for us than back and forth to a hotel room. We buy gas, groceries and eat out occasionally and pay for the daily riding fee. We much prefer sleeping in our own bed.
The nasty and mean spirited comments are embarrassing coming from fellow members of the sledding community towards someone who has supported local communities while sledding for a long time.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waking up at the trailhead is wicked
No driving
No having to find parking at hotels and restaurants, especially if you ride late
Gear up indoors

Can sleep later too if you eliminate all the morning ritual in town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I were spring riding out in trout and came across a family from the US riding. They had a camper on their vehicle pulling a trailer with their sleds, camping out at the hot springs. Some areas do not have much for amenities. Plus some towns are fully booked unless you plan your trips and bookings in advance. To each their own. Lots of folk haul their own fuel. As long as you pay the trail fees and or membership dues. Ride and enjoy like every one else.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bunch of harsh comments for someone asking a question. We regularly camp out when we are out of town AND contribute to the local community. We do this as it is much less hectic for us than back and forth to a hotel room. We buy gas, groceries and eat out occasionally and pay for the daily riding fee. We much prefer sleeping in our own bed.
The nasty and mean spirited comments are embarrassing coming from fellow members of the sledding community towards someone who has supported local communities while sledding for a long time.
I would like to think that the guys bashing them are not the guys gassing up at the Hinton petro can and shopping at the local Hinton liquor store to save a few dollars.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotels have gotten greedy alot of places have went from 90-95 a nigbt to 175-180 and no better rooms or anything. We have started doing the b&b route and cooking our own food rather then eaiting out every night like we used to aswell. I run dyed diesel in and out of bc aswell not gettin bent over at the pumps. It is what it is if i had a good option to sleep around tbe staging area id like to try it out as its not for everyone like when our wives join but for 2-3 dudes trips it sounds like a pretty fun weekend just got to bring the portable hot tub lol

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotels have gotten greedy alot of places have went from 90-95 a nigbt to 175-180 and no better rooms or anything. We have started doing the b&b route and cooking our own food rather then eaiting out every night like we used to aswell. I run dyed diesel in and out of bc aswell not gettin bent over at the pumps. It is what it is if i had a good option to sleep around tbe staging area id like to try it out as its not for everyone like when our wives join but for 2-3 dudes trips it sounds like a pretty fun weekend just got to bring the portable hot tub lol
You do realize everything is more expensive than 10 years ago and running a hotel is no different. How much do you think it costs to heat a hotel? Power? Taxes? Staff?
What's it cost for a hotel room where you live?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately he had to add in the fact he wasn't going to spend any money in town he was going to, deserves an earful.
If he just asked if it was ok to camp different story.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im talkin from 3 years ago not 10, sledding in the past 3 years has pretty much doubled. Plus with most b&bs we stay at there locally owned and paying 10 bucks for a ceaser in a bar is gay balls. Hotel where i live is 110-120. Literraly 3 years ago it was 90-100 a night in bc now the same ones we always stayed at are 140-180 per night plus all the extra fees that get tacked on and there nothing special.

You do realize everything is more expensive than 10 years ago and running a hotel is no different. How much do you think it costs to heat a hotel? Power? Taxes? Staff?
What's it cost for a hotel room where you live?

Top Bottom