Stay Home Proposal

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still unemployed......

Wife just offered me $2200.00/month to stay home. Cook and keep the house clean to her standards.
This would take me off of EI and can look at starting a part time job, or keep pursuing my own company.

I told her this morning (cause that's when it happened) to seriously think about this today!!

I might not retire the richest man, but would be perfectly good, with being semi retired at 53

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still unemployed......

Wife just offered me $2200.00/month to stay home. Cook and keep the house clean to her standards.
This would take me off of EI and can look at starting a part time job, or keep pursuing my own company.

I told her this morning (cause that's when it happened) to seriously think about this today!!

I might not retire the richest man, but would be perfectly good, with being semi retired at 53
You could do better. Hugh Hefner was a multi millionaire and he was in a robe all day? Lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She would stay home and work at that wage?

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice lol

I would do it, wait, I did it cept for the smart part about the money. I'm doin it wrong. I've mostly supported my wife for 35 yr's and it's time to retire and get back south. I don't need much, no bad habits, she can figure it out. Freedom 55

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why would you do that?? Be like everyone else on EI and keep the gig going. Collect the $2200/month in cash and who is the wiser. You've been around long enough to know what you can get away with!!!

As long as you keep your mouth shut.
This is why I wrote this thread, to be politically correct

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh???
How would the wife paying you be profitable to the household??? That would be like a allowance for doing your chores.
Staying on EI would give the household more of a income until you find a job??!!

My thoughts to!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agre with Caper here. How’s that going to help out? Her paying you is giving you money but really the same money within the house hold. So just do her a favour as you’re home unemployed clean the house and tell her to keep her money and stay in ei. At least ei you have money that’s not from your household coming in.

Or does she have a business where she can write off your wage?

Top Bottom