Starter Kit

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen an electric start M-series so you may need to get creative.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe there was an an accessory kit available in 2008 for the M-series, but it wasn’t cheap. Maybe find a used F or XF sled that is being parted out…

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are no E starts for the M series as far as I know.
The sad part is it was available in the F series LXR model, but it will not mount to an M series as the motor mount on the PTO side is very different.
You may be able to modify and adapt but it will be an extensive mod to do.
1- you will have to bore out a hole in the motor mount plate so the drive pinion can go through.
2- you may need to pull the motor to drill out and tap the mountings for the brackets if not already done, unlikely.
3-you will need to fab a wiring harness and locate all needed parts such as battery, relay and fuse.
4-you will need to mount the ring gear to the primary, which may require drilling and tapping mounting holes.
Not worth it, IMO.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. For some reason I thought I’d heard of a kit you could buy. Must’ve been mistaken. Looks like dad’ll pulling on the string until she gets a little more meat on her bones! Thanks again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my wife’s and sons M6’s had electric start on them when we had those. One came with it and the other I bought the kit from AC and installed it. One was a 2009 and the other was a 2010.

2008-2011 part # 4639-803
2006-2007 part # 4639-535

Last edited:
Top Bottom