Starlink

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 Starlink launches in the last 4 weeks including the one that just went up now.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 Starlink launches in the last 4 weeks including the one that just went up now.

Seems to be too easy now, getting kinda boring now seeing the Starlink launches on YouTube. I think they should up the ante, bring out the Falcon Heavy and launch some Starlink satellites, by my math they should be able to launch 165 at a time...

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me know how that goes. I actually don't "need" more so would just like to try it
Same here. Thinking about cancelling and getting a refund and then trying again to reset the spot....

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to be too easy now, getting kinda boring now seeing the Starlink launches on YouTube. I think they should up the ante, bring out the Falcon Heavy and launch some Starlink satellites, by my math they should be able to launch 165 at a time...

I don't think they will use Falcon Heavy for starlink because the fairing volume is already maxed out. Starship will have the volume/capacity to launch 400 satellites at a time. They used a relatively new booster (2nd flight) yesterday which hasn't been the norm for starlink launches. Usually they are using a booster that has over 4 previous missions on it. Not sure if that has to do with such a busy schedule in a short span or refurbishing was behind.

Also not too sure why the US Government is giving Jeff Bezos $10Billion dollars. Blue origin has not launched a vehicle to orbit yet.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here. Thinking about cancelling and getting a refund and then trying again to reset the spot....
I had a buddy that was waiting for months with no correspondence. He left the original application, buy reapplied with a different email, and got a response right away that his equipment would be sent out soon. Might be worth a try? :)

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will use Falcon Heavy for starlink because the fairing volume is already maxed out. Starship will have the volume/capacity to launch 400 satellites at a time. They used a relatively new booster (2nd flight) yesterday which hasn't been the norm for starlink launches. Usually they are using a booster that has over 4 previous missions on it. Not sure if that has to do with such a busy schedule in a short span or refurbishing was behind.

Also not too sure why the US Government is giving Jeff Bezos $10Billion dollars. Blue origin has not launched a vehicle to orbit yet.

I didn't realize the fairing was that full, definitely not going to work on a Falcon Heavy, oh well.

The only logical reason I can think of is to try and create competition within the orbital launch market, but Blue Origin is a failure, they've had 20 years to get their crap together. Time to let them fold and try again with someone else, that $10 billion is just squandered money. $1 billion in the right hands would easily get a orbital class rocket designed and built, SpaceX has proven that, so has RocketLab.

1622168523990.png

t300

Reaction score
As someone that owns a company in the industry, Starlink doesn't have too many people besides xplornet worried..

And that’s good, xplornet is the single worst isp I’ve dealt with in the last 10 years of running technology for a 2 billion company. Amazing how terrible a company can be at every level. NetSet was never a great isp, but within weeks of xplornet buying them, they brought them right into the toilet with them. Don’t know your company Dawizman but hope you continue do well, there is definitely space for a company that focuses on the customer.

Since this a starlink thread, any more rumors of if/when they will stop geo locking physical install locations? That would be a game changer, take it to the lake, the mountains, RV’ing etc

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
And that’s good, xplornet is the single worst isp I’ve dealt with in the last 10 years of running technology for a 2 billion company. Amazing how terrible a company can be at every level. NetSet was never a great isp, but within weeks of xplornet buying them, they brought them right into the toilet with them. Don’t know your company Dawizman but hope you continue do well, there is definitely space for a company that focuses on the customer.

Since this a starlink thread, any more rumors of if/when they will stop geo locking physical install locations? That would be a game changer, take it to the lake, the mountains, RV’ing etc
The last article I read said this fall.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old dishy obsolete?

I think right now they are selling each dish at $1000+ USD loss so it makes sense that they are designing a v2.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom