Spring Spacers done wrong...

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the springs and spacers off... safe to say the springs are toast! Just gonna run the fat boys without spacers
86DC0792-47FB-4331-B440-B78AE1829A8B.jpeg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the springs and spacers off... safe to say the springs are toast! Just gonna run the fat boys without spacers
View attachment 222340
Problem is the stock springs, even fat boy ones

Are cocked and crooked in the arm mount, where with the bushings there straight

Plus the springs wear through the cross shaft

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm actually quite shocked that the manufacturer hasn't picked up on this yet? Its such a simple idea and works amazing.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm actually quite shocked that the manufacturer hasn't picked up on this yet? Its such a simple idea and works amazing.
Next year, this year was break Rez protector.

Can only steal so much a year.
Lawyers get tired.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They did years ago but got lost somewhere.
Remember we could buy these through the race department?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is the stock springs, even fat boy ones

Are cocked and crooked in the arm mount, where with the bushings there straight

Plus the springs wear through the cross shaft

They should not be cocked at all even without the spacers.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Because it’s not how a torsion spring is designed to work and it actually damages the springs. Most springs come out bent because the make it bent to much where it comes off the spacer.

Hd springs work much better then the spacer and last a lot longer

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in at powder lites the other day and they had a whole pile of damaged springs from putting the spacers in. Common enough they are stock a couple sets of HD springs now.
Sell it how you want the spring is not designed to work like that and the HD springs are dirt cheep

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How/Where was the spring damaged?

Instead of the spring working like it’s designed they bend to much where they come off the spacer every one was damaged the same.
I used to think this was a great mod until I seen all the damaged springs and how cheep the HD springs are

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree with if bushing is too tight it will be a problem.
Ran them for hundreds of miles and never a issue with the BRP race bushings .

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in at powder lites the other day and they had a whole pile of damaged springs from putting the spacers in. Common enough they are stock a couple sets of HD springs now.
Sell it how you want the spring is not designed to work like that and the HD springs are dirt cheep
And the way stock springs are bent, and crooked on cross shaft wearing them out is good??

Is it possible the bushings were Installed with stock bent already springs??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stand behind the spacers especially of Marty's. Stand up guy. Reminds me a lot of Randall from SuperClamp making sure his customers are happy with their purchase. Should the coil of the spring not enlarge rather than compress under load? How would the spacer affect that as it is on the inside of the coil. Like Tex said they keep everything lined up and stop the spring from wearing the shaft and binding. I'm betting something else is going on and its not the spacers. HD springs run around $75 per spring now. About a 50% increase from what they were 10 years ago. Same part numbers as well. $150 for springs or $80 spacers? Even the Snow and Mud penny pinchers can figure that one out. Lol

Top Bottom