Spring Spacers done wrong...

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the way stock springs are bent, and crooked on cross shaft wearing them out is good??

Is it possible the bushings were Installed with stock bent already springs??

Not likely cuz some
We’re installed new and every single one is bent in the same spot and it’s only happening with the spacers

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We made these spacers back in 1998 and found that they had to have enough space between the coil and the spacer for full compression. If not they will bind. Stopped using them and just went to HD springs. But sized right they work fine.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the other spacers out there and how they are designed but the ones I designed up allow for enough room the coils won’t compress enough under load to collapse on the spacers, as well the spacers are made from urethane which also allows for some compression if for what ever reason is needed.

This is a comment I just received this morning from a customer “ Hi Troy, just wanted to let you know I got the bushings installed in both my XM and Gen4. I haven’t used the XM much but what an incredible difference on the Gen4. I was seriously considering a shock upgrade for the skid but no need to now...best $80 I’ve ever spent, I never imagined the difference would be this noticeable but it just floats down the trail now. Thanks again!! “

Been selling them for 4 years and have not had one single complaint.. just repeat customers!!!

You're very welcome for the compliment Troy! I can’t exactly explain the difference I notice in the ride, if it’s just the obvious of now having the shaft centred within the coil of the spring or possibly even the urethane itself giving some cushion between the spring and shaft, either way I’m no engineer and I’m not going to over analyze it I just know it’s a much better ride. My advice to anyone considering a shock upgrade or just not happy with the ride on a Gen4, order a set of these first.

And just to be clear that I don’t have any ulterior motives Troy and I are not related or even old high school buddies, we’ve actually never even met, I simply wanted offer some positive feedback on a product I believe in and a guy that was great to deal with.

Cheers...

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any way you can get pictures of these?? If you don’t mind I’d really like to figure out what exactly is happening or has happened. And if there is any way to find out who’s bushings? I know some of the other ones are made from UHMW witch doesn’t have any give for any type of compression ( squeeze ) which I could see something bending or binding after time or one big bottom out..

I can definitely ask I’m not back down sledding for another week or so but I know they were removing bushings when doing HD springs so I’ll see what all they saved. They had them their showing another customer that had the same issue when I was in line to grab oil so just caught what was being shown.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not likely cuz some
We’re installed new and every single one is bent in the same spot and it’s only happening with the spacers
Well I have Martys spacers in two sleds, have 1700 kms on them with stock springs having 6900 km on them total on one sled

No issues at all, and I beat my sled fast down the trail on the woops to tipsy tow the tops

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I have Martys spacers in two sleds, have 1700 kms on them with stock springs having 6900 km on them total on one sled

No issues at all, and I beat my sled fast down the trail on the woops to tipsy tow the tops

I'm on the second sled as well with zero issues, first sled has over 5000 k on it!��‍♂️

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the Elka coilover conversion, i'll never have to worry about any of that.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two sleds with the spacers, lots of kms on both and they have worked flawlessly! I can actually turn the rear spring down one notch and have a better ride on the trail, even with all my bulk! Great product.........

Top Bottom