Spring cup assembly?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rebuilt my primary clutch today. The kit came with the cup assembly and I’m wondering, is this a typical wear part? I didn’t notice any wear between the old and the new one. We will be rebuilding my brothers clutch next and we’re thinking we can get away with replacing buttons, o-rings, etc.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rebuilt my primary clutch today. The kit came with the cup assembly and I’m wondering, is this a typical wear part? I didn’t notice any wear between the old and the new one. We will be rebuilding my brothers clutch next and we’re thinking we can get away with replacing buttons, o-rings, etc.

It’s just the bushing inside the cup that is a wear item. They give you the whole cup because it’s a nightmare trying to just replace the bushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kit came with the cup assembly and I’m wondering, is this a typical wear part? I didn’t notice any wear between the old and the new one.

What does "notice" mean? Did you measure or just look?

The clearance is critical, same for the moveable half bushing that comes in the kit. If you measure these two bushings, anything beyond .006 will cause shift issues.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Maxwell said it’s not the cup it’s the bushing. And if it’s there new and you’re rebuilding with new parts why would you leave that one used part in?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the max is 30.40 and 40.30 mm on the bushings

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the spring cup assembly I am referring to. I see no wear on this part at all.
ski-doo-tra-primary-spring-cover-assembly-16.jpg

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget to replace the springs. They too are a wear item.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep. Ramps were done and one of the levers has a lot of play. Good thing I got a bunch of spare parts from the previous owner!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s the internal brass bushing that gets out of tolerance. Chuck the old one in the garbage, and run the new one. Or don’t.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s the internal brass bushing that gets out of tolerance. Chuck the old one in the garbage, and run the new one. Or don’t.
I definitely put the new one in since it came with the kit but I like to ask questions since this part is pretty stationary

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pete and Al (sled shed) pointed it out on my 07 after what seemed like a lot of marijuana intake between sentences. I too was pretty skeptical, however it definitely fixed my inconsistent RPM and clutch heat issue on my 07, and later again on my 08.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slide it over the fixed sheave spindle and see how much it wobbles compared to the new one.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pete and Al (sled shed) pointed it out on my 07 after what seemed like a lot of marijuana intake between sentences. I too was pretty skeptical, however it definitely fixed my inconsistent RPM and clutch heat issue on my 07, and later again on my 08.
Pete and Al dont smoke or PARTY do they ...........;)

Top Bottom