sportsman 800 high beam headlights

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my sportsman 800 when I use the low beams I get both of the headlights up front to light but the high beam only get the single light in the pod I know they went to a 3 light high beam system on the 850 and 550XP's but wondering how I can get all 3 of my lights to work on high beams. Thanks

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out quadovator.com, they have a kit to do that. While you there they have some other great upgrades that are also as easy to do.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.... I knew they had a kit I just wasn't really exicited about giving them $14 for 2 POS Scotch Locks:nono: and a short jumper wire. I figured I could do it a little more profesional and cheaper if I knew what 2 wires to tap. I'll keep researching it. Thanks again though

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
REVERSE MOD- pull the headlight pod off and disconnect the two harnesses going to it. On the big harness locate the gray/orange wire and use a splice connector with another 8" piece of wire and have a female spade end connected to it. Now do the same with the brown(ground) wire coming off the lighter/accessory plug. Hook the two female spades to a toggle switch that you can mount on the pod and you are done. You will have to turn the switch to the "off" position to use the yellow override button to scroll through the different modes or if a young or inexperienced rider is on it for safety.

THREE HEADLIGHT MOD- you will need a common relay from an auto parts store(I used a five pin because they are most common and came with a wiring harness), four 8" pieces of wire, and splice connectors. With the headlight pod off and the two harnesses unplugged you will need to splice the followoing wires:
#30 on relay to the green wire coming from the harness on the left handlebar
#87 to the positve wire on the lighter plug
#86 to the yellow wire coming off the top headlight harness
#85 to the lighter ground(brown wire)
Once it is all connected you should have all three lights on when switched to HI.

As per Highlifter forums. Its not just a tap into another wire, hooking them all together will blow fuses, bin there done that. Quadovator uses a diode instead of relay not just jumper wire. I used it in mine, alot simpler than "do it yourself" I think but here are the instructions.

Top Bottom