Spare Clutch Belt Holder - Who Uses Them?

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About to purchase a spare clutch belt for my 18 axys. Gates C12 carbon belt. Reading some reviews, sounds like the warning is to NOT use the factory spare belt holder under the hood as the carbon belts should not be belt in such a tight radius and will cause a premature failure. Anyone else experience / read up on this? Or have another way that you carry your spare belt to avoid this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposively the carbon cords can break if back-bent. They are strong but britle. it sounds rasonable but the Gates PolyChain carbon belt, drive belts can be back bent so I'm not sure if somone is just getting over zealous or not? I aways have used the OEM holder and have had no issues but only tried 2 of their clutch belts so far.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always had my spare Polaris clutch belt in the holder, every since my first 2016 Axys in 2015. I've only blown one belt and replaced one based on miles, and the replacements have worked well. No issues to report.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the c12 a better belt to run and is cost comparable to stock belts?

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the c12 a better belt to run and is cost comparable to stock belts?

Cost for new is $50-60ish less than the Polaris brand. My first ride out on the C12 seemed fine just looked at my clutch today and didn’t notice any belt residue. Will see once I get some more miles on it. So far I’m happy but didn’t really get to go WOT much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gates belts are awesome grips the clutch better than a Polaris belt. Way less belt dust than a Polaris belt also.

Top Bottom