South Dore

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been in lately, how are the conditions ? Has anyone been going up the Castle Creek road ? Might ride there next weekend.

Thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm told that some boys from here were up there Saturday, they went in to the glacier, far enough to be about 40km from Barkerville. Awesome snow or so I'm told.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True story. Snow is great and the trail in is not to bad on Castle.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle Creek Road there is snow right away, by the gravel pit.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have yet to recieve the final map. As soon as i do i will post or bring to Edmonton to a suds nite. If it is done by the time our quad weekend is here we can go over it then.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, They Will Be Final, Unless Later We Can Prove There Are No Caribou.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not seen a caribou there in the past 6 years??? Not even a track in the snow???? Exactly who has seen the caribou...the heliskiers....they better get the boot also. They use the area a lot. Hope it doesn't get closed :(

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Have not seen a caribou there in the past 6 years??? Not even a track in the snow???? Exactly who has seen the caribou...the heliskiers....they better get the boot also. They use the area a lot. Hope it doesn't get closed :(

YEA, THE HELICOPTERS CAN BE OVERHEARD FOR MILES, AND MILES AWAY.... LOT LOUDER THAN SLEDS, AND POLLUTION FROM A CHOPPER IS SIGNIFICANTLY MORE TOO.... TIME TO BOOT THE HELI-BOYS, IF'N WE GET THE BOOT!!!!:rant:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have spent many many hours in a helicopter flying over the arctic and you should see how those caribou scatter when a chopper is in the air. They are running before the chopper is even 1/2 km away.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may sound strange but maybe both parties should unite to boot the greenies out and we stay. Could meet over a nice caribou steak super.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So both Dores may be closed next season? no pun intended, I was afraid this was going to happen, I seen too many sleds ignoring the heliskiiers signs in there this year, they have more money than us, the can put cariboo in there to keep us out! The dores are my favorite riding areas I hope this doesn't happen.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So both Dores may be closed next season? no pun intended, I was afraid this was going to happen, I seen too many sleds ignoring the heliskiiers signs in there this year, they have more money than us, the can put cariboo in there to keep us out! The dores are my favorite riding areas I hope this doesn't happen.

They only have 4 runs in the valley.....the rest is sledder heaven.....to bad some people not to smart and can't leave runs alone as they are clearly marked for drop off and pickup.

Top Bottom