So much for Global Warming.......

mitchdb

Reaction score
I know, I know, I'm probably gonna tick a lot of people off with this but the facts are right there in front of us and speak for themselves!

This Global Warming thing has become such a big deal with Left Wing Folks that everything I like somehow causes Global Warming! I'm not a big fan of this Global Warming Conspiracy so I thought I would just make a simple point. I live in South Texas, a place not know for Snow but yet we've seen more snow in the past 5 years than I have in my entire life (39 years old). Even crazier than that, Miami Florida has had temperature below freezing in the past few days. Low 20's and mid teens will be the lows for Northern Florida.

OK........if 2 strokes, 4 strokes, cars, trucks and big rigs are causing such a problem with the Global Warming issue, why is the South and Deep South getting so dang cold???? There is snow in Mexico too!

The new guy is stirring up problems, but I really just meant this post to be a question about Global Warming and what truth there is behind it! I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on this, it's merely a statement! Those that believe will NEVER be convinced otherwise but those on the fence, it's something to think about! If the Ice Bergs are melting, can we bring them to the Gulf of Mexico? Just kidding on that.......... I enjoy our 90 degree F water here!

Al Gore sure made a fortune on this! I could convince myself it were true if I were making millions upon millions of $$$$$$ by spewing this BS!!!

Have a great day and enjoy your offroading!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
There's many, many theories on this subject...... My personal view that i believe is this: The earth is still recovering from the last ice age, and the average temperature is still climbing year by year, and it has very little, or nothing to do with man to begin with............ Think back millions of years when dinosaurs were around. The average temperature around the world i understood was about 80*f, and there was no polar caps. After whatever catastrophe(volcanic ash, or meteor, or huge earthquake and caused lots of dust in the air and partially choked off the sun from reaching the earth surface) caused the ice age, and killed off all the dinosaurs, and changed the face of the earth. Now the earth is slowly recovering back up to that average temperature. I'm afraid that thousands(maybe millions) of years down the road, there won't be polar caps, or glaciers again, but hopefully it still might snow, so generations to come can still enjoy snowmobiling, but i suspect they'll all be flyin' something by then anyway. Saw a documentary on this, and it makes sense. Just my 2 cents on the topic.

mitchdb

Reaction score
Anything is possible but when you talk to 2 different so called Scientist/Professionals in the field and they give you 2 totally different answers, it's not a fact finding mission! I don't know the truth but I know what I believe!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's many, many theories on this subject...... My personal view that i believe is this: The earth is still recovering from the last ice age, and the average temperature is still climbing year by year, and it has very little, or nothing to do with man to begin with............ Think back millions of years when dinosaurs were around. The average temperature around the world i understood was about 80*f, and there was no polar caps. After whatever catastrophe(volcanic ash, or meteor, or huge earthquake and caused lots of dust in the air and partially choked off the sun from reaching the earth surface) caused the ice age, and killed off all the dinosaurs, and changed the face of the earth. Now the earth is slowly recovering back up to that average temperature. I'm afraid that thousands(maybe millions) of years down the road, there won't be polar caps, or glaciers again, but hopefully it still might snow, so generations to come can still enjoy snowmobiling, but i suspect they'll all be flyin' something by then anyway. Saw a documentary on this, and it makes sense. Just my 2 cents on the topic.
exactly....where did the snow and ice go from the last ice age? it disappeared long before humans were around....the earth is warming to where it once was previously. no amount of scare tactics or co2 limiting procedures will stop what has been happening for MILLIONS of years before we came along. as mentioned, global warming theories are big business and will continue to be as long as there are sheeople willing to buy into it....

mitchdb

Reaction score
HAHA......2 replies to my my post and no one has called me an IDIOT yet!!!! I think I can stay here! I'm hoping it doesn't come to that but there are always those people that believe everything the Government is Spewing!!

But I'm not against anyone with a different point of view, I'm actually interested in hearing it!!

Thanks!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (6 members and 0 guests)
Summitric, Black08Brute, JaySimon, mitchdb, Sofa king, Longhorn

HMMMMM, BUSY THREAD......... LETS HEAR ALL YOUR OPINIONS ON THE TOPIC AS WELL.....

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the government is full of chit. It's all big business lobbying for one thing or another to get their hands on our hard earned cash.:rant:

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My dad preaches the exact same thing!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have taken a full year of global warming related studies and have seen end to end from all sorts of perspectives. i will say this. it does not exist. if people understood just exactly how the ozone layer works the theory doesnt even make sence.

the earth is under a natural 100 year cycle. guess what. we are in it. these things have happened before. and will happen again!!! history is just repeating itself folks.

maybe once this debate gets a little more heated and i have a good snooze i will elaborate some more LOL

ps. there are glaciers and icecaps that are growing still :D

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My way of thinking is: if an aerosol can can deplete the ozone and warm the earths surface, after the last 6 weeks of -20ish, give me a case of spraybombs and look the f$#k out.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt the global warming scare mongering has generated many many $$$ for some folks.

Now here is what really is going to happen: The Earth is going to stop spinning for 2 minutes then spin the other way. Send me all your money and I'll tell you how to prevent this from happening.:p

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearly glaciers that I grew up looking at have melted ALOT.

I don't think man made CO2 is the reason, not even in the least.

The sun, that big furnace that warms the entire solar system just might have something to do with it... Just maybe.

Denying the warming by pointing out some cold years doesn't give any credibility to the deniers of the man made theory.

Looking at the thick smog that hangs over the cities of the world is disturbing, and should be curtailed somewhat by improving public transit. It's ridiculous when you think about it. One person in a SUV, in a traffic jam driving into the downtown core, along with the other 2,000 people that work in the exact same building at the exact same time... Definitely some redundancy in the use of fossil fuels to say the least.

We are such a wasteful society we have in fact painted the target on our own backs, now we have a huge wave of political correctness, and downright brainwashing to contend with.

We have had a recent surge of the public questioning the integrity of the scientists, lets not mess it up by denying the natural cycling of the suns activity, the real cause of the warming.

P.S. Global warming is also occurring on Mars, go figure.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I AGREE...wow did I say that. I agree with Summitric, Maxwell, teeroy, and you others. There was just something that came out right before xmas on some guy hacking into these scientists computer system and retrieving a bunch of info, and emails. It showed how they were making a mockery of us, wasting taxpayer dollar on a bunch of bullch!t, tricking us by falsifying the numbers. It's ridiculous. Now they are back pedaling I tell ya. It all a big money scam, take as much from us as they can, how about that stupid carbon tax BC came out with. haha. They are going to tax something that humans breathe, maybe we will have to start paying every time we exhale. Here's a penny. Sorry for breathing. :realmad:hahahaha

mitchdb

Reaction score
Crazy8..............Thanks for helping me with my wish! It took several hours to be called an IDIOT!!! Thanks again! :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ever seen some of al gores supporting information? looks like he took a wet noodle and layed it out on a peice of graph paper. no numbers. just

LOOK AT THE INCREASE!!

IN WHAT AL? SO WHAT? THAT MAY BE SO! MEANS NOTHING!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt the global warming scare mongering has generated many many $$$ for some folks.

Now here is what really is going to happen: The Earth is going to stop spinning for 2 minutes then spin the other way. Send me all your money and I'll tell you how to prevent this from happening.:p

What's your address???

This thread is F-ing funny. The new guy that started it can stay- he's obviously a chit-disturber and will fit in well around here :p

I also think global warming is big business, but it wouldnt hurt for all of us to tread a little more lightly on the earth-- less packaging, less energy consumption etc., We just need to do a little better with all of our waste and simplify. Get on your sled and go to the mountains. Don't buy anything else for a week. Hike or pedal once in a while... Go camping and save water while you reconnect with your family. AND... Good n'grubby, please don't bring your spray bombs to the next campout at the squeaky pumpjack!!!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all true just ask David Suzuki

Attachments

• 2007-05-18Gore.jpg
    2007-05-18Gore.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 124
  • glenn_mcCoy_idiot_070205.gif
    glenn_mcCoy_idiot_070205.gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 119
  • global-warming-hoax.jpg
    global-warming-hoax.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 116

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your address???

This thread is F-ing funny. The new guy that started it can stay- he's obviously a chit-disturber and will fit in well around here :p

I also think global warming is big business, but it wouldnt hurt for all of us to tread a little more lightly on the earth-- less packaging, less energy consumption etc., We just need to do a little better with all of our waste and simplify. Get on your sled and go to the mountains. Don't buy anything else for a week. Hike or pedal once in a while... Go camping and save water while you reconnect with your family. AND... Good n'grubby, please don't bring your spray bombs to the next campout at the squeaky pumpjack!!!

Nope, I'll save 'em for the overpasses. Mind you, you can get cheese in an aerosol can. That would go great with the kippers. mmm, trail lunch!

Top Bottom