Snowmobile buddy for 5-11 January

Sebanff

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm a traveller from QC. i live in banff right now, i ride ski-doo since 2 years now. i had just one experience with off trail riding(bounty ride in qc). I want to make ski-doo in revy area cause its seems to be the better place to do some incredible snowmobile in canada. So i'm searching for some buddy for show me some nice place to ride and ride with me for a day. I'm very friendly and i can pay the lunch or the beer after or during the days. I have some question for you. I want to rent a summit 800 etec with a 153'' its that okay for first off-trail riding? Where is the better place to rent one (I have 400$ for the day, and i will be maybee sarch for gas include)? I have all the stuff i need except helmet (combine, wintec, glove,etc).

I would like to go at revy in the second week of january between the 5 and the 11 january. Its my birthday the 7 si i wish i could give me a nice birthday and christmas present(late i know, i'm working a lot at this moment and i dont have the time right now).

So i'm hoping to find a group or 1 personn who will wants to ride with me for a day.

In Quebec my father is the v-p of our regionnal club. I was helping the club sometime for the trails.

I will send you a couple site for the the rentals and maybee you will help me to find the one for me. Or if you know a place for me, just tell me.
So thank you a lot for your time and your next answer.

Sebastien

Sebanff

Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id take you out for a day if you want. Cant do the 7th or 8th though. Try Full Speed Rentals:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are u sure duke ????

To sebanff .... this is not out east... u will also need beacons, probes, shovels... And a very good balance also to ride mountains....

Best would be get a guide that rents also like the glacier house in revy

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suggest looking up a professional guide to tour you around. Most will appreciate your enthusiasm, but I'm not sure you realize the danger of going into the back country un-prepared and ill-equipped. It might be tough to find someone willing to take the risk of touring you around-no offence. In any event, you want to make sure you get in with someone willing to take the time to teach you properly in all the safety aspects of back country riding. Nobody wants you to go out and get hurt or not know what to do in an emergency situation.
That said, the 800 154" XM is a great sled to take. Alot more forgiving than some of the others. Also, don't forget to rent a probe, shovel and beacon and get some basic training on the operation of those tools. You are heading into avalanche country and you MUST be prepared for the conditions.
Good luck and I hope you make it work. I guarantee you will have a great time if you get out on a deep snow bluebird day.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could get you threw a day with out killing u im sure. If you want a guide call Mark Shaede... great guy. Funny thing about "professional" guides. get a reffernce from happy customers. Ran in to a "guide" from avalanche safty solution today at Gorman with 2 newbs,, 3 newbs counting the guide. Had to dig him and his clients out all stuck n chit...lol

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could get you threw a day with out killing u im sure. If you want a guide call Mark Shaede... great guy. Funny thing about "professional" guides. get a reffernce from happy customers. Ran in to a "guide" from avalanche safty solution today at Gorman with 2 newbs,, 3 newbs counting the guide. Had to dig him and his clients out all stuck n chit...lol
Remember Dan.........just because you know where you are doesn't necessarily mean you have the ability to be there.......lol. Cheers

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rented the wife an 800 XM 154 from Full Speed in Revy on the weekend. Dealt almost exclusivley with Gus (Randy's son). Would highly recomment them and will rent from them in the future.

Top Bottom