snow flap

alpinehero

Reaction score
just wondering how people cut or trimmed their snow flap i had a summit xp last year too i cut it but cant remmember how i did it pictures would be nice thankya

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering how people cut or trimmed their snow flap i had a summit xp last year too i cut it but cant remmember how i did it pictures would be nice thankya

Right were the crease is 3/4 of the way down. Cut it right there. Here's a pic of mine. I did find that I was overheating often on the trail and have since went back to a full flap.

Attachments

• 100_0518.jpg
    100_0518.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 299

mxracer328

Reaction score
i cut mine off at the line on the snow flap, and have had no issues with over heating. but when ever i back off my deck it catches, so i think im going to trim it a bit shorter

Powder hound

Reaction score
I just cut mine with an exacto knife it works pretty well i found, was overheating going up the trail due to the shortness of the flap but scratchers can easily solve that.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut mine off with an exacto knife. I very much regret doing it though. My sled over heated all the time even with scratchers and bolts hung through the back of my skis. I have since purchased and installed a new long snow flap.

alpinehero

Reaction score
thanxs guy for the tips i rode mine for a half hour with the snow flap cut off and wrote it off last year does anyone know if these flaps would be any good

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right were the crease is 3/4 of the way down. Cut it right there. Here's a pic of mine. I did find that I was overheating often on the trail and have since went back to a full flap.

I cut it at the same spot, never had a problem overheating. I just cut the side angle parts as well this fall, we'll see if there's a problem.

Crash

Reaction score
I cut my 08 off after the first time backing out of the trailer and getting it caught. I also cut it at the line and have had no overheat issues. I don't have scratchers, but don't usually spring ride very much.

Top Bottom