Snow flap removal?

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
So don't jump on me if this is dumb question but does the snow flap provide any real purpose? I have a 2016 Axys and I put on a heavy duty rear bumper. The problem is with the angles welded in the bumper it's too close to the snow flap. Makes it kinda hard to grab to give a quick lift to get unstuck. Wondering if I remove it will it affect cooling etc? Or just piss people off going down the trail?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where your heat exchanger sits, I'm not familiar with Polaris, but with my 09 Crossfire I lost the snow flap and figured it shouldn't matter except to the guy behind me. well when the sun came out she was over heating, I was able to run full tilt for 5 to 10 miles, pull off the trail (hard packed not much for deep snow) and stack what icy chunks of snow i could grab onto the tunnel.

With my 15 HRC there is no longer a rear heat exchanger so in that case I'm thinking it wont much matter.

hope this is helpful.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have taken the flap off my sleds for ever, and never had an over heating issue! But I do run ice scratchers on the trail always. I think in the deep snow it helps power wise. Without a flap the snow just flies behind the sled, and with a flaps it gets pulled back threw the tunnel robbing the sled of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DennyMoto

Reaction score
You can run with a snow flap from a '14 pro rmk. They are ported and will also bend straight out so snow can exit easily plus they don't have the 'aggressive' rib running through the middle making it hard to grab on your bumper.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So don't jump on me if this is dumb question but does the snow flap provide any real purpose? I have a 2016 Axys and I put on a heavy duty rear bumper. The problem is with the angles welded in the bumper it's too close to the snow flap. Makes it kinda hard to grab to give a quick lift to get unstuck. Wondering if I remove it will it affect cooling etc? Or just piss people off going down the trail?

Axys get stuck??

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no snowflap sucks to follow. I hate getting stuck behind guys on the way up or down cause they are shooting ice at you and you cant get close to pass. The newer snowflaps dont hold **** back, they stick straight back and IMO cutting them off doesnt look as good and makes no difference.

Top Bottom