Snorkeling our Wildcat Trail.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys we just purchased a 15 Wildcat trail and are gonna be putting a snorkel on it. What is everyone using and where did you purchase it? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Derek

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a SYA kit, bought from Coopers. Works well photo 1.JPG

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to your local plumbing store, a store that specializes in plumbing and heating is usually way cheaper. You will probably be able to gather all the fittings for less than $50. Just did my atv for around $20 from a specialized shop where when i priced the same parts at the hardware store was around $60. Schedule 40 fittings have a nicer finish

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to your local plumbing store, a store that specializes in plumbing and heating is usually way cheaper. You will probably be able to gather all the fittings for less than $50. Just did my atv for around $20 from a specialized shop where when i priced the same parts at the hardware store was around $60. Schedule 40 fittings have a nicer finish

I thought about going that route Zrock but seein as how it's the wife's new SxS I am gonna bite the bullet on a ready to install kit. Thanks for the reply though.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I originally went this route, building my own. And although it worked well and was less $$$, the routing of the SYA kit was better, and it comes pretty much assembled (not to mention the fit and finish perfect).Building my own took up a fair bit of time, something I don't have a lot of for the most part, and I wasn't happy with the overall completed product as far as cosmetics go. Cost wise, all the fittings and pipe I needed was about $80, the SYA kit was almost three times the cost. But time wise, I saved about 4-5 hours, so it was worth it to me. Your opinion of time vs. cost may differ from mine.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cosmetic : spray with box liner spray & paint with plastic coat the colour of your choice .
Sched 40 looks great for the visable snorkels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya everyone has their own way of doing things. I had the time since I was off work and board. I looked at some pre-made kits and really did not like the way they were done. That and I had a specific place I wanted mine to exit so I would have ended up cutting them up anyway. To each their own on the way they want to do things...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spare time is something that I don't have a lot of at the moment and with my wife being kind of skeptical on the snorkel to begin with I am gonna go with the SYA kit. Thanks everyone for the input. Maybe see some of you guys on the trails this summer wit any luck.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spare time is something that I don't have a lot of at the moment and with my wife being kind of skeptical on the snorkel to begin with I am gonna go with the SYA kit. Thanks everyone for the input. Maybe see some of you guys on the trails this summer wit any luck.
Are you sure the wife is skeptical about the snorkel or wondering how deep your going to take her...LOL..

I painted mine as well but did not do the box liner spray

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the wife is skeptical about the snorkel or wondering how deep your going to take her...LOL..

I painted mine as well but did not do the box liner spray

Always go deep.

And for how long

Top Bottom