Small Business Credit Cards

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of moving away from a personal credit card and into a business credit card for our small business. Looked at many, many review sites but do not find a lot of consistency other than with the high yearly fee Amex cards. Seem to get rated well on numerous sites. I do travel some for work, mainly within Canada and some US destinations. I think a travel card would do us well.

Anyone here done the groundwork and have suggestions. I have more trust with the info I get here over the credit card review sites.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of moving away from a personal credit card and into a business credit card for our small business. Looked at many, many review sites but do not find a lot of consistency other than with the high yearly fee Amex cards. Seem to get rated well on numerous sites. I do travel some for work, mainly within Canada and some US destinations. I think a travel card would do us well.

Anyone here done the groundwork and have suggestions. I have more trust with the info I get here over the credit card review sites.
I use a CIBC Visa business card and get a ch!t ton of Aeroplan miles. Annual fee is around $200. Pay off every month, saves interest.
Have travelled to Japan, took family to Mexico and sent the wife, mother in law and daughter to Cuba with free airfare before covid. Been racking up points for 2 years now, might be time for another trip.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m the same as Pano 👆but with a TD travel visa.

It’s fine. Get lots of points that transfer back to cash credits for travel purchases. 10,000 points is $50.

Don’t need to book your travel through a specific program. You Can book anything from anywhere then call in to transfer you points as a cash credit to your purchase.

But they are terrible to get ahold of if you want to talk to visa about an issue. And from my experience they will do Fawk all for you if you want to dispute a charge!

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the td cash back visa for my business
No annual fee and cash back can be used for whatever

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also with td for the business. Everything in our house hold gets tossed on the points card unless it’s a small business then I’ll do cash/debit. I was chatting with my dad a few months ago about his Credit card machine fees at his business. The premium points cards are costly for the business to take as payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the td cash back visa for my business
No annual fee and cash back can be used for whatever

Well Fawk!

Them bitches charge me $150 on the primary card and $50 per extra card holder per year. The

Your is the business visa?

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Fawk!

Them bitches charge me $150 on the primary card and $50 per extra card holder per year. The

Your is the business visa?
yup td business visa cash back
no annual i have a travel visa for personal
but have using my business as much as I can for expenses now

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's usually a catch on the no fee cards.

TD is no annual fee, but only 2% back on fuel and office supplies, 0.5% on everything else.

Scotia is $79 annual fee but 3% back on fuel and office supplies, 1% on everything else.

You don't have to spend a lot per year to make back the annual fee.

My personal cards are the same way. My no fee ATB MasterCard that gets 1% on everything. My Scotia card gets 4% on groceries, 2% on fuel, and 1% on everything else. At 4% on groceries the $120 annual fee is recouped in 4 months, the rest is gravy.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RBC has always treated me well, and their Visa card earns me a lot of points.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was pre approved yesterday for a RBC Avion business Visa, no monthly or annual fee's. Lower interest rate than personal Avion visa. I'll call them today and get the specifics.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a CIBC Visa business card and get a ch!t ton of Aeroplan miles. Annual fee is around $200. Pay off every month, saves interest.
Have travelled to Japan, took family to Mexico and sent the wife, mother in law and daughter to Cuba with free airfare before covid. Been racking up points for 2 years now, might be time for another trip.
Aeroplan cards look decent, buy then you are limited to Air Canada, is my concern.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do see lots of people using the TD cards. Was interesting that they didn't pop up on a lot of review lists. Lots of good info being posted. Appreciate it!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also with td for the business. Everything in our house hold gets tossed on the points card unless it’s a small business then I’ll do cash/debit. I was chatting with my dad a few months ago about his Credit card machine fees at his business. The premium points cards are costly for the business to take as payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm well aware the "premium" cards cost the retailers a lot. I see many moving away from accepting certain cards. That's one of concerns with AMEX business cards. Great for the user in terms of perks, but not so much for the retailers and then not so much for the card holder when the business won't accept it.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I do travel to the US for work on occasion, another concern is the exchange service fee. Typically between 2.5% to 2.7%. Have a USD credit card that eliminates the fees, but zero perks with that. BMO has a business Mastercard that has no exchange fees, but the perks/points are not as good compared to others.

Guess I need figure out what the most important need is. I like the idea of travel points, but not being tied only to Air Canada with the Aeroplan cards.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use Scotia for my company banking and a Scotia Visa with cashback. No complaints with using it for airfare, lodging, meals and car rentals in US and Canada for my work travel.

In my opinion a low annual fee as stated in ABmax24's post.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still just use a personal card for business purchases, got a CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Privilege, it's pricey at $500/year but the extra perks are worth it if you spend enough. Plus it's not limited to Air Canada like the Aeroplan.

Top Bottom