Slow Propane Flow

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The propane coming out of the drivers side tank is very slow. Enough to keep the fridge going, and start the furnace, but not really burn hot enough to warm up the rig. The stove burner looks like its on medium.
If the regulator is switched to the passenger side tank, everything is as it should be. I was going to Mutual Propane today to get a new pigtail for that side, and maybe a new hose from the pipe to the regulator. Any other suggestions?

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try closing the valve on the tank and opening slowly again and see it that fixes is have had the issue before

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son had an issue with his once where it would light the furnace and burn for bit then slowly burn out. He could re light and it would do it again. We took his lines off and blew air through them . He had traveled with tanks not on one time and got sand off the road in the lines.
Just enough to restrict but not plugged right off.

Maybe even unhooking tank one time there was a bug on hose when you did it up. Just one thing I can think of anyway

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tanks off, then slow on, then check the pressure out of the reg, also look at the lines under the trailer. Seen many get kinked over time which can be tough to diagnose.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake clean all the lines and blow gun them into a pale, you’ll be surprised how much gum comes out of them if older trailer, start from farthest highest appliance

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the OPD on that particular tank is partially closed, as mentioned above, try closing the tank and unhook the line from it. These shutoff can be fussy.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake clean all the lines and blow gun them into a pale, you’ll be surprised how much gum comes out of them if older trailer, start from farthest highest appliance

Correct
Crazy the crap and oil that comes out.
Stinks too

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happens on my BBQ sometimes. Its the excess flow prevention or what ever the technical term is. I think its basically a check ball, it seats in certain conditions to prevent excess flow of say your regulator broke off or something and it was just full blast out of the tank. So I usually shut off the tank and wait and usually you will hear the check ball fall back down when it goes with a Distinct metallic clink.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happens on my BBQ sometimes. Its the excess flow prevention or what ever the technical term is. I think its basically a check ball, it seats in certain conditions to prevent excess flow of say your regulator broke off or something and it was just full blast out of the tank. So I usually shut off the tank and wait and usually you will hear the check ball fall back down when it goes with a Distinct metallic clink.
Yep. Usually shut the tank off, undo the hose to release the pressure, reattach the hose and open the tank slowly.
Works 60% of the time, every time.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The disconnect with the slow open worked. Had to do it a couple times to get the pressure to bleed away 100%.
Thanks guys

Top Bottom