Sledding with your family

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work guys! I had the family out on the weekend too... no pics as I was swapping bottles, fueling, lighting furnace, hitching, unloading, pulling cords, pulling skis, loading up and driving all day lol!! But... I had a BIG smile on the whole time so that's the important part!

-20 in the morning... 3 year old still wants to go sledding in the 3" of fresh, I think that's a good problem!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my typical family day too. Its all worth it though, especially when I asked my 11 year old granddaughter if she wants to go for another rip on the Elan. She said” I know what I like.... and I like that!” Lol

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maddie (14) keeps bugging me that she needs a big sled. I’m like you have a big sled.....she wasn’t buying it. So she had to swap with her brother on the 600 pro rmk 155. Lol. I said well this one doesn’t have estart so I’ll start it for you....”no I will”. Almost got it start to...lol.

She’s going to be a ripper if she stays with it. Had the body position figured out and very aggressive riding style.

made me smile.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Due to work scheduling changes some of my relatives have had to cancel their trip to McBride.

There are now two cabins available at Cougars Den (250-569-7308) as I only need two for the remainder of the group.

Just putting this out there if some one is looking for a good family spot at the base of Lucille, ride from your door.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
e8f4c7ce90ccc8cea1fa35e116ae3a0c.jpg

Finally had enough of a dusting to get the kids out last weekend

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Lucille today, sunny, -14, could use a reload but kids had fun.
Warmer for Valmont tomorrow than here so heading to Clemina as kids have only been there once 3 years ago.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The girls and I at Clemina today.
Snow was great for our needs and just a great day for pictures.
Was about -14 but a slight breeze that was cool when exposed.
Kids having a great time.

Attachments

• 20210213_182207.jpg
    20210213_182207.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 230

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The girls and I at Clemina today.
Snow was great for our needs and just a great day for pictures.
Was about -14 but a slight breeze that was cool when exposed.
Kids having a great time.

Awesome getting the kids out in the cool weather. Way to cold here. Planning a 3 day trip the end of the week!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome getting the kids out in the cool weather. Way to cold here. Planning a 3 day trip the end of the week!!!

Predicted high today is -9 for Mcbride.
Out the door and up Lucille in an hour, kids pooped from yesterday!
I am happy they still have a great time together.
Let them get moving when they are ready.
Warmer weather coming for sure, hope you have fun!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on!

I’m headed to Revy with the wife and little guy on Thursday. First time they’re going to see the trails/cabins. Start slow.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on!

I’m headed to Revy with the wife and little guy on Thursday. First time they’re going to see the trails/cabins. Start slow.

yup slow is key. My daughter lost interest for a while cause I pushed to hard. Rides were to long. One time she hit the kill switch and started walked. She was done. Lol. So my son and I doubled to get her sled back to the truck. I also had to convince her she needed to ride with me cause she was to young to stay by herself. Took a couple years, then one day she said let’s go and has been the most interested out of the 2 kids.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup slow is key. My daughter lost interest for a while cause I pushed to hard. Rides were to long. One time she hit the kill switch and started walked. She was done. Lol. So my son and I doubled to get her sled back to the truck. I also had to convince her she needed to ride with me cause she was to young to stay by herself. Took a couple years, then one day she said let’s go and has been the most interested out of the 2 kids.
I have learned (the hard way) never to push too hard . If they get cold or too sore and not having fun they won't like it. When we go with newbies around home I don't care if we even go 2 miles from home. Just let them play and be comfortable.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my son his first time riding when he was 8 to the mountains and scared him. He was stressed the whole day I guess and the final straw was when the sled tipped over on top of him. Never had an interest to ride again even though he is 27 now. My daughter was the complete opposite. Couldn't scare her on a sled and still enjoys it today at 25 yrs of age. Probably should have broke him in a bit easier. Lol

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my son his first time riding when he was 8 to the mountains and scared him. He was stressed the whole day I guess and the final straw was when the sled tipped over on top of him. Never had an interest to ride again even though he is 27 now. My daughter was the complete opposite. Couldn't scare her on a sled and still enjoys it today at 25 yrs of age. Probably should have broke him in a bit easier. Lol

I started mine young on sleds at the farm.
First time to mountains they were i think 8, 10, 12.
Bell and Lucille the first three years not to far past the cabin.
Youngest doubled with me the first three years and I would drive like a lunatic.
She was not thrilled to lose her ride and have to drive in mountains but now at 20 she is the most aggressive of the three and most interested.
Was a great three days between Vale and Mcbride.
Cougar Den booked for next year again...lol.

Top Bottom