Sledding around Kimberley

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're planning on sledding around Kimberley this winter & looking to ride with some locals that know the area plus how is the sledding in that area we have done a few areas around Fernie years ago but we're looking for some new terrain. We have been going to Blue River for many years now (Awesome Place)
but we need some new stuff and it would be great to meet some new people.
Anyone into it can reply to this thread or PM me we would sure appreciate some local knowledge. :please::i_need_snow:

We still plan on Blue River trips as well winter wouldn't be the same without the hospitality of Lex at the Glacier Mountain Lodge. :beer::beer::beer:

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to be a dick, but your request was kinda unrealistic. You may be going some place some time this winter and you want someone to commit to showing you around? Are you an extreme rider, a family looking for a place to have a camp fire, a teeneager looking for a quiet place to get high??? Alone, big group, old sleds, new iron ??

why don't you start this thread a week before you get there so you can give an exact date. Then poke around and see if you can find some members who live in the area or post about riding there. PM them

Call the local club and dealers. Call the local tourism office or chamber of commerce. You already know people in the area, ask them.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aren't very friendly!!!! Not to be a Dick

I dont quite no what to think of this and where it will go but should be fun go at it..;):beer:

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that seemed to work I did manage to get some PMs from none DICK people that are actually from Kimberley not Calgary and I would think if someone has been sledding in Blue River for years I would personally know they were experienced but I wouldn't expect a Calgarian to KNOW this.
If ya don't have any thing good to say then I recommend ya stick to your own threads.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are many area around Cranbrook, mostly tree riding to get to the bowls. It is not an easy place to find your way around, but always can find fresh powder. Very similar is Fernie with a little more open spaces and both places are awesome on good snow years. I predict this will be a great snow year. Then you have Radium that is unreal on a clear day with wide open riding. Presenty snowing. Depending on when you're around, I would be happy to ride!!

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're planning on sledding around Kimberley this winter & looking to ride with some locals that know the area plus how is the sledding in that area we have done a few areas around Fernie years ago but we're looking for some new terrain. We have been going to Blue River for many years now (Awesome Place)
but we need some new stuff and it would be great to meet some new people.
Anyone into it can reply to this thread or PM me we would sure appreciate some local knowledge. :please::i_need_snow:

We still plan on Blue River trips as well winter wouldn't be the same without the hospitality of Lex at the Glacier Mountain Lodge. :beer::beer::beer:

that's good...thought you guys have been avoiding me......:eek::d

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great I just bought one at Chicamon Springs so I plan on using it as much as possible mostly I will be by myself "OK with the wife" she doesn't ride, but the boys ( 162skidoo, Bigdoo) will be coming down a few times I will be there as soon as the snow is deep enough then Christmas through new years and then a few weeks throughout the season so I will PM every one that has responded in advance.
My next trip will be Nov 20th but not expecting enough snow to ride but lets hope & pray.
Thanks!! I'm pumped!!!:d:d:d

Our group is planing a trip to kimberly we have a great condo to stay in up by the ski hill, and this summer i noticed a sled trail head just down the road

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check with local info as some ride areas are closed for Cariboo habitat.

Yeh you bet I already went on the BC Gov site for the closed areas I think we are OK to go up ST Marys Lake RD out that valley but that is why I would like some local knowledge I don't want to donate my sled to the government.:nono:
Thanks,

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The St Mary Valley is where I live. If you need any info or want some one to ride with send me a pm. There are closed areas but it is a big watershed with a variety of terrain and snowpacks.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check with local info as some ride areas are closed for Cariboo habitat.

Closures and restrictions are on the Purcell (west) side of the valley. Maps of the closures and restrictions are available at: BC Snowmobile Home Page :(

Maps are also displayed on large signs just installed at access points to all areas affected. We have smaller signs posted in the areas as well, so just watch for signs and you should be OK. Perry Creek is yet unsigned, but should be before Christmas.

No closures on the Rockies (east) side.

Trail maps for our managed and groomed area in Lumberton available at: www.cranbrooksnowmobileclub.ca It's no Blue River or Revy, but we've got some pretty good riding there.

If you want to ride somewhere you don't have to worry about any closures, lots of fun terrain, and very little avy hazard....but no grooming drop me a PM. You may have to swear to keep it a secret though! :p

Hope this helps.

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw some strange tracks up on the grey creek summit on sunday. They were coming up from the west. Looked like Mongrol tracks...

Top Bottom