Sledder Series, Klim Aspect 16 litre Alpride Avy Pack

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought one from fortnine, tough pill to swallow at $1400 after tax but looking forward to not having to recharge my abs bag every season now.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I missed if was referenced in the vid but what is the weight of the 16?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Hey I missed if was referenced in the vid but what is the weight of the 16?
Sorry I do not know the weight as the weight of a pack is what you put into it over the weight itself, the reason i like this pack is the capacitor is lighter than a battery or a canister/mechanism so it starts off as one of the lightest if not the lightest. To keep your pack light I keep the minimum stuff in there and keep other things in my tunnel bag. cheers dave

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I’ve been using a sno pulse vest and it’s getting old was planning to replace, have never liked the weight with even just a shovel and probe in but understand the need to wear. Sounds like these new packs are likely quite a bit better.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Thanks for the reply, I’ve been using a sno pulse vest and it’s getting old was planning to replace, have never liked the weight with even just a shovel and probe in but understand the need to wear. Sounds like these new packs are likely quite a bit better.
The problem with vest packs, is they are heavy and the cost that goes into a pack is design , air bag system(what your buying) and vest design. all of those cost money so designing a great vest takes a ton of money in design and material, none of them are close yet. The use heavy material that does not breathe so they are heavy and you put this crappy material over your expensive jacket or one piece, makes no sense. I am a huge proponent of vest packs as i helped design stuff in adventure racing with some companies, so I really love how they work when executed well. Not there yet, also sizing is hard since they make one or two that cover a size span, which is to save money. I use this pack for the system (alpride) it is a bonus that it ticks all the other boxes in comfort and design

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it one size fits all on these klim aspect 16 bags ? I didnt see any different sizing when I ordered mine.

Top Bottom