Sled Insurance

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don’t need to say Turbo. They don’t ask either. They only ask CC, and what it cost.
I have always been asked starting in about 2015 if the sled has a turbo or not, and when I said yes, the next question was aftermarket or OEM.

That was through got toys in sask. I switched to Cooperators last year as Got toys wanted $1000 for my 2014 summit and sidewinder for fire,theft and 2 mil liability.

Cooperators is $500 for both sleds for the same coverage.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a bitch of a time last year trying to insure my aftermarket turbo, was basically being treated like I had a terrible driving record and multiple DUI’s. Took a lot of back and forth and a favour was called in to peace hills from a member on here (juicecan) and finally some reasonably priced coverage. My bill of sale from the dealership said turbo and I never even thought about it but that kinda screwed me because now that sled was in the system with turbo mod on it. $750 a year full coverage in the end, very happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My policy with Intact runs me $272/year. 2M liability, PL/PD, F/T/V (no collision). '17 850 G4 (stock). Last time I asked for pricing on collision it was close to $1000 more. Haven't asked in a while though. I'm sure if I was getting a new G5 850T with a 30K price tag I'd be getting collision. As a bit of a comparable, our Equinox cost 30K new and with full collision our policy has always been around the 1100-1200 range. You'd think the sled collision policy would be around the same.

DUS

Reaction score
I've used stand alone policies through Wawanesa and TD. Both very reasonable pricing (under $200/year) and nothing to do with house or auto.
Weird and my broker who deals with Wawanesa says they won't insure a stand alone policy. They say the only insurer they deal with that will do stand alone is Nordic

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird and my broker who deals with Wawanesa says they won't insure a stand alone policy. They say the only insurer they deal with that will do stand alone is Nordic
Paperwork just happens to be laying on my desk...................Definitely Wawanesa.................Broker is Access in Red Deer.
I went this route several years ago, when my home/auto companies did not insure toys. Have switched home/auto since then, but after price checking, I've just left my sled/boat running on their own.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2023 turbo was 700 per year including my accs. That’s up 150 per year over my last turbo but this sled was way more expensive with the accs. Full coverage with two million liability.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don’t need to say Turbo. They don’t ask either. They only ask CC, and what it cost.
I didn't mention turbo on my sled, and my insurance policy says turbo. In any factory turbo machine, they know. Just like they know my Camaro came from the factory with a top speed over 300km/hr. It's their business to know risk, and pocket tons of profit.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My policy with Intact runs me $272/year. 2M liability, PL/PD, F/T/V (no collision). '17 850 G4 (stock). Last time I asked for pricing on collision it was close to $1000 more. Haven't asked in a while though. I'm sure if I was getting a new G5 850T with a 30K price tag I'd be getting collision. As a bit of a comparable, our Equinox cost 30K new and with full collision our policy has always been around the 1100-1200 range. You'd think the sled collision policy would be around the same.
My 21 g4 turbo through the Alberta snowmobile association group plan at intact full coverage $500 deductible was $541 per year. I insured my 23 g5 turbo through same plan but have not received my invoice yet, I'll post once received. Went with the $500 deductible again as who knows about that iPad guage if it gets broken as it $3500 to fix.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, kinda makes sense. They know the chances of it running long enough to get into an accident are pretty slim. If it does get into a crash, it will not be going fast enough to cause any damage, and no one is ever going to steal it. :skidoo:
Actually it is because the handling is so percise, I won't run it in to trees or other sleds. Your skidoo, that is another story.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually it is because the handling is so percise, I won't run it in to trees or other sleds. Your skidoo, that is another story.
Sooo, what did hear about the weekend. Likely not everything, as you neglected to mention the rocks.

DUS

Reaction score
My broker got back to me yesterday. For full coverage through Nordic Insurance with $1000 deductible they quoted me over s2,800 per year
TD with full coverage, $2,000 deductible, $2,000,000 liability was $836

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My broker got back to me yesterday. For full coverage through Nordic Insurance with $1000 deductible they quoted me over s2,800 per year
TD with full coverage, $2,000 deductible, $2,000,000 liability was $836

Ya Nordic is quite the operation. They quoted me $2800 last year on my turbo and wanted an appraisal done every season lol. Until I got peace hills to write it, they were the only ones who would touch it

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo, what did hear about the weekend. Likely not everything, as you neglected to mention the rocks.
Found no rocks last 2 rides. Looks really promising with the snowfall currently happening in BC.................How is your season going?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a couple skinny days and one good day. Snow seems better little south of Revelstoke. that was last weekend, by the sounds of things the coverage is getting better.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My 2023 Gen 5 turbo through the ASA policy was $475 for full coverage with 24 month waiver of depreciation,.and a ASA membership, Not bad for a 30K sled

Drayden Insurance Ltd. offers group rates for Members of the Alberta Snowmobile Association with up to 50% in discounts.

• Members of ASA can also insure their Auto and Home policies for additional discounts and no service charge on monthly payments.
  • We insure stand-alone snowmobiles
  • Limited Waiver of Depreciation (sef 43R) available for up to 24 months after the purchase of a new snowmobile.
  • Increased maximum value up to $30,000.
Visit the Alberta Snowmobile Association website for further details on the benefits of the membership.
https://albertasnowmobile.ca/membership-benefits/details

Last edited:
Top Bottom