Sled Insurance

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My rate is less than my older G4, My bill is $385 Full coverage on my G4 850 Turbo My policy even says 21 SKI-D SUMMIT X 850 TURBO . I checked on Intact Client Center and its has all coverages including Collision.
Crazy awesome.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again, really don't think anyone needs to say "turbo" to the insurance company. They don't ask if it s a turbo, the just ask how many cc, and how much did you pay. I'm paying $536.00 for full coverage on a 2020 skidoo with 850cc engine that I paid $20,000 for.

But when you buy a used 19 turbo with lots of other goodies for 16k and hardly any miles and tell them it’s just a 19 alpha stock, that sleds worth 12 to insurance that’s all they will pay out, I want enough to purchase the same sled if it gets totalled

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to miss Alberta for one thing, insurance premiums. My 21 Khaos was $322/yr full replacement value. The 20 Pro RMK was $286/yr. That is through the personal that Teth-air mentioned, they have been excellent to deal with for at least 10 years for me but you do need to be part of a group plan or recognized association. Owning a 1 ton truck in BC…FML

Bc ….$650 same coverage but there is apparently a discount for my club membership which I haven’t applied yet around $20

IMG_8368.jpg

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Wow…. 1300 is absurd!!!
Drayden’s should be embarrassed to give out a quote like that.
ASA needs to check into this. Thought we were supposed to be getting the very best rate from them on a stand alone policy..?!
I think they forgot to give the 50% ASA Group discount. As shown on there quotes. LOL

I just a quote from them (Drayden) on a 2022 SP 850.
$590 with ASA membership.
$1131 without.
Early bird ASA membership $80 till 1 Jan.

Thats $670 total from Drayden and ASA membership......Oh, the days when I bought my brand new 670, I was king on the hill with that sled.

The guy I talked to, told me ASA had no more group discounts for over 2 years and he is the account manager on St. Albert.
Then when he called back and e-mailed quote, he said there is a discount.

Still steep in my books for a claims free, clean abstract fellow.....

Cooperators is Under $500 for me with $500 deductible......Full coverage and chopper ride if sled is in a collision. (not a break down.)

These folks claiming lower rates could have a way higher deductable wich reduces premium.
Not sure, everyone seems differnt and need all full facts.
Poor abstract, tickets, accidents, etc.....Clean record, no accident, years driving.
Years being insured by provider.
Multi tier discounts at same company.
EG: 3 tier client.......House insured, investments, car insurance......Cheaper rates.
Unreal how the quotes are these days.

Dont forget to insure those sled decks. They aernt covered with the truck in Alberta.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they forgot to give the 50% ASA Group discount. As shown on there quotes. LOL

I just a quote from them (Drayden) on a 2022 SP 850.
$590 with ASA membership.
$1131 without.
Early bird ASA membership $80 till 1 Jan.

Thats $670 total from Drayden and ASA membership......Oh, the days when I bought my brand new 670, I was king on the hill with that sled.

The guy I talked to, told me ASA had no more group discounts for over 2 years and he is the account manager on St. Albert.
Then when he called back and e-mailed quote, he said there is a discount.

Still steep in my books for a claims free, clean abstract fellow.....

Cooperators is Under $500 for me with $500 deductible......Full coverage and chopper ride if sled is in a collision. (not a break down.)

These folks claiming lower rates could have a way higher deductable wich reduces premium.
Not sure, everyone seems differnt and need all full facts.
Poor abstract, tickets, accidents, etc.....Clean record, no accident, years driving.
Years being insured by provider.
Multi tier discounts at same company.
EG: 3 tier client.......House insured, investments, car insurance......Cheaper rates.
Unreal how the quotes are these days.

Dont forget to insure those sled decks. They aernt covered with the truck in Alberta.
You need liability policy on the deck?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
You need liability policy on the deck?
Mine is added as an attached equipment.....

My isurance guy has pictures of it bolted thru/to the box of truck.....
Of course being ex-safety, I have it ratchet strapped to box also..Just my way of doing it.

I dont think Liability...
But I not an issurance guy and could not answer you correctly on that.....
Check with the underwriters of your insurance.

DUS

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with a company insuring a snowmobile that doesn’t have an auto insurance policy? I have this problem as I drive a company vehicle and they don’t want to insure my snowmobile because I don’t have an auto policy. They try to force me into facilities which is basically paying the highest rate out there as if I had a DUI or something. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success with a company insuring a snowmobile that doesn’t have an auto insurance policy? I have this problem as I drive a company vehicle and they don’t want to insure my snowmobile because I don’t have an auto policy. They try to force me into facilities which is basically paying the highest rate out there as if I had a DUI or something. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had a commercial auto policy in the past with Intact, and my broker was able to get my sleds covered through intact as well. It definitely was not the cheapest rates though.

Now that I have personal vehicles with intact, and a new broker, my rates have dropped around 35% on average, more on the turbo.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Call Drayden Insurance.

8F664BCE-81B5-4A4A-A942-13CD3D134A66.png

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AMA insurance is getting greedy.
Think I need to switch.
I am a Plains Insurance customer. But. being an AMA customer forever. Nobody can touch a ama rates on sleds so far. But I saved with my business, home, company vehicles by leaving AMA. They still do my Snowmobile‘s

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealt with this the last few days. We have everything with Intact, from vehicles and a couple houses. Intact was $937 for my new 2023 Doo. Went back and forth with them to get it down to that price. Then checked with Wawanesa and we have nothing with them and for the exact same policy they gave me it for $800 yesterday and once they get my driver's record today which is clean she said it will likely go down.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the 2023 turbo, I was just quoted $924 annually for a million liability and full coverage from TD... I'll be calling around today.....

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is for my 2023 Polaris Matryx. $224 with full coverage.
Well, kinda makes sense. They know the chances of it running long enough to get into an accident are pretty slim. If it does get into a crash, it will not be going fast enough to cause any damage, and no one is ever going to steal it. :skidoo:

Last edited:

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used stand alone policies through Wawanesa and TD. Both very reasonable pricing (under $200/year) and nothing to do with house or auto.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned in here before but a reminder if you have an ASA membership (trail pass) you qualify for discounted rates and excellent coverage through Drayden

Top Bottom