Sled deck

Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
Looking for some information on the new sled decks pros cons fit finish. What companies are still around it’s going on a 3/4 Chevy 6 10 box

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crosstrax, I brought my deck to them this spring to modify for the new GM box to clear the rear view camera.

I’m still trying to figure out a work around for the deck lights tho, the truck thinks there is a trailer attached.

Plutco makes a plug in pig tail for the GM to use with their tailgate light bar.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I talked to Plutco today and they work with Marlon on the pigtail for the GM’s, to bypass the factory 4 and 7 pin.
I have one ordered from Marlon

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crosstrax, I brought my deck to them this spring to modify for the new GM box to clear the rear view camera.

I’m still trying to figure out a work around for the deck lights tho, the truck thinks there is a trailer attached.

Plutco makes a plug in pig tail for the GM to use with their tailgate light bar.
I really like my crosstrax deck as well.
Well built

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my crosstrax deck as well.
Well built

X3. Only downside is the 2-piece ramp for 1 guy trying to use. I’m sure our video camera has caught some funny moments of me trying to put together / take apart by myself in the dark back alley before…

with 2 people no issues.

And I just spliced a 2 wire prong off my tail lights. Works well.

Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
So I talked to Plutco today and they work with Marlon on the pigtail for the GM’s, to bypass the factory 4 and 7 pin.
I have one ordered from Marlon

Ordered a marlon deck or the adapter
For the new Chevy trucks

Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
Do you have a part number I couldn’t find it on the website.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Xdeck, has round tubing and rounded edges for the headache rack and a one piece, tri-fold, arched ramp.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3. Only downside is the 2-piece ramp for 1 guy trying to use. I’m sure our video camera has caught some funny moments of me trying to put together / take apart by myself in the dark back alley before…

with 2 people no issues.

And I just spliced a 2 wire prong off my tail lights. Works well.
I spliced mine there to. As for putting ramp together I find it easier by myself. 2 and it's awkward.
I just pull top section out a foot. (On bottom slide) then pull bottom half out far enough so it drops onto top section. Then go till almost drops off it and rock one side in and then the other. Slick when you get the technique down. I don't let anyone help me anymore.

Just my 2 cents

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spliced mine there to. As for putting ramp together I find it easier by myself. 2 and it's awkward.
I just pull top section out a foot. (On bottom slide) then pull bottom half out far enough so it drops onto top section. Then go till almost drops off it and rock one side in and then the other. Slick when you get the technique down. I don't let anyone help me anymore.

Just my 2 cents

How about putting back in though? I have an extension as well so it’s a little more awkward to do that ‘rock & bend’ manoeuvre to get the ramp back in. But I know what you’re talking about!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marlon deck. Looks ok, works good. No wood on deck, all aluminum. The ramp is a bit wimpy compared to my old marathon deck. It does rattle when driving but you get used to it.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Marlon Deck, with the wood decking. The deck is good, not great. The sides are always hard to pull out. Other than that no issues. The ramp as thinner side rails than my old Marathon deck, but seems to be pretty strong. One other thing, when I first got the deck I thought it’d need more bracing, but after 5 years it’s holding up really good.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just my 2 cents

You and I use the same technique, I find it way easier to do the ramp by myself.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
W
How about putting back in though? I have an extension as well so it’s a little more awkward to do that ‘rock & bend’ manoeuvre to get the ramp back in. But I know what you’re talking about!
WIth the extension it is a little tougher. When it's all together I pull it out almost all the way then go to each side. Bit of a struggle but not bad.

Top Bottom