Sled Deck Pros and Cons

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at 2 sled decks right now a Limitless or a Cross Trax what are the pros and cons. Just don't want another enclosed trailer for maybe 2 trips a year to the hills just looking for some feedback

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my cross Trax - had to do so some customizing to the lights and a few other things - but it's awesome get the cross trax

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the crosstrax for an 8ft box.
Its 2 years old.
So far I love it.
The ramp is a two piece. Easier with two guys but doable by yourself.
Biggest con is crawling all the way to the front of the truck box to get whatever rolled up there.
I do find my 25lt Jerry cans touch the ramp when stored. If i hold my tongue right I can put the ramp in or cans in with little interference.

I havent drug my trailer anywhere since I got the deck.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too have a Cross trax. 6.5’ with an 18” slide in extension. Built very well. No quality concerns. But I believe limitless is a 1-piece extendable Ramp (easy for 1 guy) vs cross trax 2 piece ramp(harder but manageable with 1 guy) also the deck extensions are different I believe limitless just slides in under the tracks vs cross trax extends the whole deck. but if you don’t need an extension then that is irrelevant

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
A putter or some kind of hook works for getting stuff from the front.My Crosstrax never comes out of the truck. It's nice to have lockable storage.I've also got a fuel tank under there.
I have the crosstrax for an 8ft box.
Its 2 years old.
So far I love it.
The ramp is a two piece. Easier with two guys but doable by yourself.
Biggest con is crawling all the way to the front of the truck box to get whatever rolled up there.
I do find my 25lt Jerry cans touch the ramp when stored. If i hold my tongue right I can put the ramp in or cans in with little interference.

I havent drug my trailer anywhere since I got the deck.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My crosstrax is 12 years old, I bought it new, im pretty impressed with it.

I know of a limitless deck forsale in edson.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dude.. with your tastes just get the enclosed way easier as you scale up the fancier the trailer. Sled decks are for po folk like me.. IMO the only advantage is end of season riding driving up trail.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's a definite disadvantage to using a deck. Dirty,cold,sleds.I'm a big fan of enclosed tailers,except for early and late season riding.
dude.. with your tastes just get the enclosed way easier as you scale up the fancier the trailer. Sled decks are for po folk like me.. IMO the only advantage is end of season riding driving up trail.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full lotus and mammoth decks are the first and last deck u will ever buy, and never have to put money into late either.
https://www.mammothdecks.com/

I’ve got one. It’s a love hate relationship. Couple things piss me off about it. Issues are mostly related to the fit in a long box. And their powder coating was shat!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 enclosed trailers already a 46 foot enclosed gooseneck and a 20 foot enclosed really dont need another enclosed kicking around but you never know I guess

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a limitless 8’ deck, it’s a really nice deck.

Everyone I ride with always comments on how nice/well built it is

Customer service is also excellent, Chase is a good dude always willing to help/answer questions

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a deck and a 2 place trailer only way to go .

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a deck back a few generations and like it, not the beat thou to work on sleds or drive on dirty rd days, sled was covered in salt and grind, and now with the use of calcium, even worse

Went a little different direction lately...went with a 14’ cube, it’s insulated and will be putting a walk in door, also has a diesel heater tied to main fuel tank and heater also heats inside of truck and block if you wish

Also has a false floor for ice and water trap meant, building hangers, parts cabinets, and dry room, sofa couch, mini fridge, mini barbecue, comes with back up Gen set, and inverter, stereo

Will have 300 gallon diesel storage, 100 aux gallon av gas with fill stn

Truck is a 1999 stretched f550 4wd 7.3l diesel ford crew cab..

Been looking for a while for this all on one type of rig, best of both worlds and the weight on the truck for the forestry rds, and might keep at Buddy’s in revy all locked up threw winter.. see how it works out

5e11abea844110434f5c9b6437319c08.jpg

b51ee47ffbc4ae0b27434a6499092b8b.jpg

f284dee18e1bcd0e92f1516c537143a3.jpg

57372421a2c05cc485d0af7440703367.jpg

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an older Cross Trax model. I replaced the under deck and marker lights first winter I got it, other than that it has been an awesome investment. What kind of a truck do you have? Not sure if the new Cross Trax models are adjustable but mine sticks up above my box rails a good 3-4" and looks a little goofy but I'm too lazy to chop up the legs.

I would say the only disadvantages to a deck is your sled not thawing over night and cold starts in the morning. If you travel with a cover on your sled they stay clean. Being able to park where ever you want at the hotel and staging area is nice. No registration, no tires, no greasing wheel hubs. Wouldn't say a deck is much better fuel mileage than a v-nose two place, but it sure isn't worse.

Top Bottom