Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming back last weekend I had several off them decided to slide into the spot I was leaving between me and the vehicle in front of me. Hence the need for a dash cam so I don't get blamed for rear ending those tards. Highway was polished and all I could see was toques and man buns through the back window when I hit the high beams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

".... all I could see was toques and man buns through the back window when I hit the high beams" ha ahahh ahahha hahahah

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hwys were like a skating rink today across parts of Alberto, Ha.

Then I spotted this, a plane, train, bus or is that a car ???

Nope, its a Chevy 1/2 ton packing at least 2 tons of logs with a 1" motorcycle strap holding them in place. LOL

This load out does any Ford F-150 with 2 sleds on a aluminum deck. Ha...

Funny thing was it took a bit of shifting too catch up to him.

Billy Binder Twine was driving and Catus Kelly was riding shot gun from the jumper seat.

Lots of traction on this old style rusty 15" rims. LOL.

Last seen heading to BC boarder line.

Lem

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202017/DSC_0181_zpsuwwjy2yj.jpg[/URL]

Nope, its a Chevy 1/2 ton packing at least 2 tons of logs with a 1" motorcycle strap holding them in place. LOL
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202017/DSC_0183_zpsn9zjwpom.jpg[/URL]

Billy Binder Twine was driving and Catus Kelly was riding shot gun from the jumper seat.

Lem
them look like BC logs heading east

just sayin

:D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure why, but the tires are not even flat. will have to ask tex about that one? i also don't see the problem until you approach a down hill incline! :twocents:

i wonder if those would be cut up power poles that are being replaced throughout Alberta?

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure why, but the tires are not even flat. will have to ask tex about that one? i also don't see the problem until you approach a down hill incline! :twocents:

i wonder if those would be cut up power poles that are being replaced throughout Alberta?
if you put 100 psi in your tires you wont much sidewall bulge. Fawking big power poles you must have.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
them look like BC logs heading east

just sayin

:D

Ha, you got me.

They were heading East.

They we're making good time until they got too curves in the hwy. LOL.
Must of had some power as I was in hot pursuit with 56.000 kgs getting close enough for good dash-cam pic. LOL.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you put 100 psi in your tires you wont much sidewall bulge. Fawking big power poles you must have.

ya i was out east of red deer, they are being used on high tension main lines to several of the larger plants, and town/ city main lines. i was going to cut a few tops off, but had no idea how to put em on the truck. tops were close to 2 feet in diameter, base was likely 6 ft? didn't measure, but it was big. maybe 100 ft long? there was 2 of them cut up into 3 parts.

replaced hem with steel structures and a bit more electric power.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, you got me.

They were heading East.

They we're making good time until they got too curves in the hwy. LOL.
Must of had some power as I was in hot pursuit with 56.000 kgs getting close enough for good dash-cam pic. LOL.

haha, i can see the flames belching out the exhaust now. hehe. thinking it might be best to stay back a bit?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202017/DSC_0181_zpsuwwjy2yj.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202017/DSC_0183_zpsn9zjwpom.jpg[/URL]

Lem

What's with the skating rink for our highways??? Is the Carbon tax affecting hwy maintenance as well?? Not even an attempt to put sand/salt on the roads! What a joke.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with the skating rink for our highways??? Is the Carbon tax affecting hwy maintenance as well?? Not even an attempt to put sand/salt on the roads! What a joke.

Municipalities / government can't afford the fuel now with all the taxes.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If those were indeed power poles they are considerably lighter than you would think by far. I'm a Power lineman and have been for 15 years now. The poles that imdoo'n seen were old transmission poles. Always western Red cedar. Not many other trees grow to be 110' perfectly straight! Once those poles stand for a couple years they dry out like crazy. We salvage old line and buck it up all the time. Its the best smelling and burning fire wood you can get your hands on. Maybe 1/4-1/3 of the original weight.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that is what they were, freakin impressive! may have taken a while to chain saw through them :D

Top Bottom