Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So to give a short summary......yes you can technically put a sled deck with two sleds on a half ton according to the vehicle's published payload capacity. In doing so though, you are stupid, and dont care about anyone but yourself.

WOW, I would of worded that different too prevent a back lash form stupid people,,, Ha.

Let's see,,, hummmmm,,, "no disrespect to stupid people" might of been wiser wording too choose from, "just a suggestion is all since its wize to throw rocks at our selves then others.

A IMO Only thing that is.

So why is it that this Ford F-150 1/2 ton with 2 sleds on deck a crazy idea if it's legal,,," no disrespect too crazy people as I live my life as one in the mix of many."

I would think if its legal your good to go not causing issue to ones self or others if safety of transport is the fact.

Doo-noo since the above post does not mention anything of "why one dose not care."

Care about what in question ?

Pal Lem

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, I would of worded that different too prevent a back lash form stupid people,,, Ha.

Let's see,,, hummmmm,,, "no disrespect to stupid people" might of been wiser wording too choose from, "just a suggestion is all since its wize to throw rocks at our selves then others.

A IMO Only thing that is.

So why is it that this Ford F-150 1/2 ton with 2 sleds on deck a crazy idea if it's legal,,," no disrespect too crazy people as I live my life as one in the mix of many."

I would think if its legal your good to go not causing issue to ones self or others if safety of transport is the fact.

Doo-noo since the above post does not mention anything of "why one dose not care."

Care about what in question ?

Pal Lem

If a particular model of F150 when equipped properly has a payload capacity, axle ratings, tire ratings that is not exceeded when loaded with deck and sleds then there is nothing saying it cannot handle said load.

Is it built as heavy as a hd truck? Likely not but that was never the intent of this thread and many others like it.

Load it up and haul away. Anything has to be safer than a Subaru loaded up with half baked skiers and windows so frosted over you can't see crap flying down the highway with the dial set to snow mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything has to be safer than a Subaru loaded up with half baked skiers and windows so frosted over you can't see crap flying down the highway with the dial set to snow mode.

I have a special name for these guys - RRR's, or "Triple R's". Roof Rack Retards are, as a group, terrible on the roads. Clip one of these guys with your light duty F-150 and everyone has a bad day.....LOL

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a special name for these guys - RRR's, or "Triple R's". Roof Rack Retards are, as a group, terrible on the roads. Clip one of these guys with your light duty F-150 and everyone has a bad day.....LOL

Coming back last weekend I had several off them decided to slide into the spot I was leaving between me and the vehicle in front of me. Hence the need for a dash cam so I don't get blamed for rear ending those tards. Highway was polished and all I could see was toques and man buns through the back window when I hit the high beams.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol this is staying a hot topic still eh. How come no one is this concerned about safety when they're up on the mountain un-prepared for an emergency and pounding beers or high-marking a convex roll after a storm or riding on lakes that aren't frozen yet?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was sarcasm. Ive always been curious about your sign off. Is your name Pal Lem? Or are you saying your name is Lem and you're our pal?

Ha kinda both dean, always try to fit in on public forums.

Guess my real handle on the forum is Lem Lamb, sometime Pal Lem or Lem who is a pal.

I come from the odd side of humans since it helps in world travels.

When asked what "nationality" I am, I reply earthling/ human since most of us fit this category, Ha.

Lem as a Pal

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol this is staying a hot topic still eh. How come no one is this concerned about safety when they're up on the mountain un-prepared for an emergency and pounding beers or high-marking a convex roll after a storm or riding on lakes that aren't frozen yet?

That's in the mountain safety thread from 2011. Wanna refresh it? Luckily there are less Yamaha riders nowadays

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too am always here joking around with this thread because it's fun too threw it out there of the yes and no categories.

When it really comes too packing the heavy loads we use the oil & farm trucks too getters done. One feels safer knowing that the extra iron will hold up to the load,,, rig-pumps and SCR buildings are expensive and heavy like many other peaces of equipment.

Light / Heavy medium loads we use the 3 too 7 ton at the farm. Kows and pony's take up room and they are heavy too.

Light loads like 1 sled or quad we use the 1/2 tons, if we pack more then 2 or 3 we throw them on the tandem or single axle trailer.

Our plan is too keep it simple and safe. No need too have a wreck since it takes the fun out of the sport.

Always pal Lem

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Depends. Are you wearing a helmet? And if you are, is it because its the right thing to do or because you have to?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All in good fun as the masses throw it there, that's what keeps the thread active.

Helmets off too all for adding value and quality.

OK,,, time to get back to the off track stuff, LOL.

I'm wondering if I can pull the sleds on top of an aluminum deck up a mountain with my Onda 420 with T-4 all season tracks.

I would guess going down hill won't be a issue, har har.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I load my sled on the deck of my half ton I always make sure not to wear my helmet cause fawk the man, that's why.

Maybe a helmet is a good idea. After the suspension sags with the weight of two sleds, it would prevent someone from hitting there head and realizing they should of bought a HD truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause that doesn't necessarily get innocent people involved

sent while drinking tea's

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...looks like all you 1/2 ton critics were correct. I just did a trip from Fernie to Revelstoke in my HD F150 with two sleds on the deck and myself and the other innocent road users are lucky to be alive. My axle broke in Rodgers Pass and I had a big accident.

NOT......the drive was fine...as usual.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I load my sled on the deck of my half ton I always make sure not to wear my helmet cause fawk the man, that's why.

Sounds like it didn't work out a couple times. Few bad shots to the melon like that can cause some of the issues you display. But no point wearing one now, sounds like the damage is done .

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...looks like all you 1/2 ton critics were correct. I just did a trip from Fernie to Revelstoke in my HD F150 with two sleds on the deck and myself and the other innocent road users are lucky to be alive. My axle broke in Rodgers Pass and I had a big accident.

NOT......the drive was fine...as usual.

Let's see a scale print out.
And pics!

I have yet to see one come in under with more than 100lbs to spare on the rear axle.

Top Bottom