Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who is gonna be the first to put a sled deck in a new ef150? View attachment 236812View attachment 236813
FB_IMG_1622316334103.jpg

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Onboard scales tied to the ECU scare me a bit. All I can imagine, bring the truck into a dealer for some warranty work and they look into the onboard scales and see it overloaded once and decline everything going forward.

Yes Yes typical Snow and Mud get a bigger truck, but it happens, sometimes the guys at Burnco arent that good measuring weight when getting gravels.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Onboard scales tied to the ECU scare me a bit. All I can imagine, bring the truck into a dealer for some warranty work and they look into the onboard scales and see it overloaded once and decline everything going forward.

Yes Yes typical Snow and Mud get a bigger truck, but it happens, sometimes the guys at Burnco arent that good measuring weight when getting gravels.
Its easy to over load. Ive overloaded my 3500 more than once.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes, it is very easy to overload, doesnt matter what kind of truck you have, half tonne or 63500 kg logging truck. The one advantage that system has is you now have a scale, so you have no excuse for overloads.

Reactions: RXN

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is very easy to overload, doesnt matter what kind of truck you have, half tonne or 63500 kg logging truck. The one advantage that system has is you now have a scale, so you have no excuse for overloads.
Agreed, just still what's going to stop them from saying this vehicle was used outside the manufacturer's recommendations all warranties are null and void. Saw this happening all the time when people would take their vehicles to the race track than not get warranty work.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy at blue grass nursery this weekend had a half yard of road gravel dropped into the back of his little Ford ranger. The loader operator had a funny smile on his face. I swear that truck was bent in the middle. Headlights pointing to the sky. Lol

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, just still what's going to stop them from saying this vehicle was used outside the manufacturer's recommendations all warranties are null and void. Saw this happening all the time when people would take their vehicles to the race track than not get warranty work.
Then dont abuse the truck. It has scales. Use them. If it was a big concern I would get clarification from the warranty person at the dealership. In my case, logging trucks, you can go over your legal GVW and not affect your warranty.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy at blue grass nursery this weekend had a half yard of road gravel dropped into the back of his little Ford ranger. The loader operator had a funny smile on his face. I swear that truck was bent in the middle. Headlights pointing to the sky. Lol
It is amazing what you see people do to vehicles, then wonder later on why "their piece of crap vehicle didnt stand up"

Survival of the fittest, to bad we have to try and help the weak.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen this in one of the OHV groups on face book. The comments seem split on whether or not theres no issues hualing like that. Lol. All good until something happens.
Screenshot_20210606-185859_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-185910_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-185919_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210606-185859_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-185910_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-185919_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who is gonna be the first to put a sled deck in a new ef150? View attachment 236812View attachment 236813View attachment 236814

Haha other than being a marketing gimic that will undoubtedly cause a bunch of fights on this forum once guys start weighing their sleds on the uncalibrated onboard scales, this system is total bullch!t. There is a "tare" function on it that lets you zero the scales. Payload is derived from GVWR less curb weight. The payload starts without fuel, spare tire, passengers etc. So someone can load up gear, spare tire, a tank of fuel, their deck and ramp, and sit in the cab with their buddy, then tare the scale and load 2 sleds and show that you are hauling 1125 lbs....LOL

There is a "max" payload feature that tells you you are overweight, but it only comes on once per key cycle, so no ones going to pay attention to it. Eventually the scales will lose calibration though, or someone will hack the programming......Ford has expressely stated on the record that onboard scale data will not be used to deny warranty claims.

Let's be honest though, no sane person is going to order this option. Imagine zeroing the scale and then letting your wife climb in so you can tell her how much she actually weighs......divorce lawyers DREAM!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a little project I am working on. I built a steel rack to sit in the back of my 3500 or my Dakota that can hold my sled deck ramp and act as a single sled deck. I have a trailer ramp that hooks on that also slide under for storage. The steel rack also has 3 different heights the front support can adjust to so I can use it to transport my 16' (collapsed) extension ladder. This is for moving my sleds around in the off season or when I take the Dakota up the mountain for Spring riding.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000kg of quickcrete in the box of the gmc 1500, plus the tool box full of tools. Took it like a champ. Good thing i didnt need more, or i would have had to bust out a bigger truck 😜

Attachments

• 20210724_095427.jpg
    20210724_095427.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 181
Top Bottom