Sled deck light plug question

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I got a sled deck with a 2pole flat plug, my question is how do I wire that into a 4way flat plug to plug into my box of my truck I have an adapter 7way to go into my 5th wheel box plug just can’t seem to figure out how to wire the red and black into a 4way flat plug!? Can someone show me please !? Thanks

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it’s a 2 prong flat doesn’t it just plug into the 4 prong side of the 4-to-7 adapter?

If not, google is your best friend. A lot of easy diagrams explaining ground / power wires etc

Ive tried google not coming through this time, what you said is what I woulda thought, like that being said is there 4wires on a sled deck or two!? Like it’s a black and red wire, thats into a two flat plug, it’s not at all long enough to make it down to my truck box plug it’s a pig tail coming out of the sled deck with a two flat plug

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it an SAE connector like this? If so it plugs into the typical 4-way flat trailer type plug and just uses the lights + ground signals.

Attachments

• sae.jpg
    sae.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 256

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it an SAE connector like this? If so it plugs into the typical 4-way flat trailer type plug and just uses the lights + ground signals.

looks just like that, so I can take that and plug it into a 4way and I should be good to go!?

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where the park lights are situated in a 4 way plug. Your 2 wire is 1. Ground 2. Park lights. Take a test light to the 4 way plug to see which prong is which.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I’ll have to try tomorrow and see what I can do, it always worked before but the cable shorted out and now it don’t work at all,

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FWIW my STF deck SAE lighting connector plugged into the vehicle 4-flat and works fine, ground and running light pins were side by side as per attached diagram.

Attachments

• Towing101Chapter7.16a.JPG
    Towing101Chapter7.16a.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 257

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FWIW my STF deck SAE lighting connector plugged into the vehicle 4-flat and works fine, ground and running light pins were side by side as per attached diagram.

thanks so I’m looking for brown and white wires I take it!? And you plug the 2 pole connector into the 4!?? And it’s works well!? I tried earlier tonight and I only got my back 3 res lights working and my under deck light nothing else so, that being said is clearance lights on separate wire!?

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearance lights on the same wire. Your deck wires, being only two wires, are 12v power (power the lights) and ground.
Change any lights? How did you short them out?

Last edited:

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I plugged my deck 2 pole into the vehicle 4 pole on my setup and works fine to power the side marker lights whenever the vehicle running lights are on. That said if you've got clearance lights, underdeck light etc. they would need additional wiring depending how its set up.

EDIT yeah sorry I may have misunderstood. If you need constant 12v and ground then I'm misleading you.

Last edited:

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearance lights on the same wire. Your deck wires, being only two wires, are 12v power and ground.
Change any lights? How did you short them out?

No lights have been changed and I think the cord is in rough shape I’ll hopefully get it going tomorrow

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plug it in, take a tester to see if you have power to the lights that aren't on.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I plugged my deck 2 pole into the vehicle 4 pole on my setup and works fine to power the side marker lights whenever the vehicle running lights are on. That said if you've got clearance lights, underdeck light etc. they would need additional wiring depending how its set up.

EDIT yeah sorry I may have misunderstood. If you need constant 12v and ground then I'm misleading you.

i only get my under deck light and three red lights by ramp no marker lights

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone who helped I cut and re-wired a 3way plug and it all works as it should thanks again

Top Bottom