Sled deck expandable lubricant?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most decks have a plastic insert inside the tubes or ones i have seen, i don't think i would put a lub on the slides as it may collect dirt, salt, ice and be impossible to slide.

some lock lube might work, graphite i think?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the slide outs can be impossible to open occasionally, road grime etc. hit the insides as best you can with a pressure washer. i had to replace the plastic slides on the drivers side.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most decks have a plastic insert inside the tubes or ones i have seen, i don't think i would put a lub on the slides as it may collect dirt, salt, ice and be impossible to slide.

some lock lube might work, graphite i think?
X2
My deck is 15 y/o with just the Teflon slides. No issues ever sliding it. Only problem I ever have is when the two sheets of plywood freeze to each other which isn't a big deal to quickly fix when it happens.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2
My deck is 15 y/o with just the Teflon slides. No issues ever sliding it. Only problem I ever have is when the two sheets of plywood freeze to each other which isn't a big deal to quickly fix when it happens.

i had to gorilla glue the plastic slides back into mine. but i have found road salt, sand and gravel worked it's way inside the tubes, also have had road slush and sleet freeze solid in the slider tubes as well. a trip to car wash before going on trip usually cured the problem when i remembered. although was never at the top of the list till they were stuck! lol.
longer ramp {12 ft } was always a requirement, as was survey tape at all the corners, saved the noggin a few times.

Quattroman

Reaction score
I usually hit it with alittle WD-40 once a season. But yea, keepin it clean is usually good enough for my marathon ramp to easily slide

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing, the only thing that prevents mine from sliding is ice after washing my truck.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problems with my X Deck . The way their tubes are built it would be very hard to have them freeze . My buddies Truck boss is terrible at freezing up though.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my auto carrier slide tubes I used a product called Slip Plate. It's a brush or spray on liquid graphite that dries and sets up in about 30 min. The first time you put it on clean all the areas with a wire brush to get the crud off, it's best to apply it to bare metal/aluminum if possible. Put a on a thick coat, let it set up and slide everything together. After using the pull outs a few times throw on a second coat when the first starts to wear off and before any rust/crud starts to build up, and apply more as needed. You want to try and keep the original coat on as it will actually impregnate the metal surface and fill in any pores in the surface. I would also put a coat on at the end of the season. There's no problem putting it on Teflon either, it'll make that slide easier too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom