Sled damaged while at the dealership

Denali881

Reaction score
I dropped my sled off at said dealership for some warranty/recalls/updates/magical fix and picked it up the next week. The shop guys had the sled on their fork lift and helped me by placing it half way into the back of my enclosed trailer, it was then that i noticed some damage on the sled. I called the service guy out and then he called his manager to come have a look.

The sled was new last year and towards the end of the year i installed a wrap on it. when i noticed the damage there were fresh pieces of plastic / wrap embedded in the plastic.

The service manager never said sorry, he just said that he was disappointed and frustrated and that he would look into get the parts and wrap replaced. The service manager seemed to want to help but i just wanted to see how you all would've handled the situation? any advice or tips?

T-top

Reaction score
I take pictures of my vechicles in dealer lot when dropping off for service now...

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to trust any stealership these days.I try to do everything myself and for the odd time i have ro take my sled in i take photos first before i drop it off to male sure they dont fook anyrhing up.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id be mad that they tried to load it hoping I wouldn't notice the damage, whoever damaged it guaranteed knew they did it and were trying to cover it up so it wouldn't come back on them. Would not be the least bit surprised if service manager was in on trying to cover it up. The fact he doesn't even apologize and just says he is frustrated about it tells me something........

So he is going to fix everything at their cost, but didnt apologize so youre upset? Wow

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I would have noticed something like that, I would have called the manager out (just like you did). And hope they admit it and fix it, (like they are). Sounds like it worked out ok.

On a similar note, I just had my boat into the dealer for service. (mind you the boat is worth a couple bucks more than the sled) This particular dealer has a policy of taking all kinds of pictures when I dropped it off, so there is no argument when I return for pick up. Sort of covers both parties.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uh... please point out where i said i was upset?

Sorry, I dont understand the point of the post then. The dealership damaged your sled, manager looked at it and agreed to have it fixed. If he had disputed it then yeah....what to do from there. Sounds like the problem has been resolved. Mistakes happen

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I dont understand the point of the post then. The dealership damaged your sled, manager looked at it and agreed to have it fixed. If he had disputed it then yeah....what to do from there. Sounds like the problem has been resolved. Mistakes happen

Believe he asked for a opinion as to how others would have handled the situation. I agree that a apology goes a long way. Good that they are fixing it though

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dropped my sled off at said dealership for some warranty/recalls/updates/magical fix and picked it up the next week. The shop guys had the sled on their fork lift and helped me by placing it half way into the back of my enclosed trailer, it was then that i noticed some damage on the sled. I called the service guy out and then he called his manager to come have a look.

The sled was new last year and towards the end of the year i installed a wrap on it. when i noticed the damage there were fresh pieces of plastic / wrap embedded in the plastic.

The service manager never said sorry, he just said that he was disappointed and frustrated and that he would look into get the parts and wrap replaced. The service manager seemed to want to help but i just wanted to see how you all would've handled the situation? any advice or tips?

I don't think he handled it out of line. That is providing he comes through with what the promised repairs. On apologizing, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was an oversight. I can imagine most dealers at this time of the year are running circles trying to do an inventory switchover and get sleds in/out the door while everyone constantly calls them. In my mind, actions will speak louder than words in this case.

As was mentioned above, when my truck goes in for service, I'm pretty consistent in checking out the truck before it goes in. I actually take a few pictures of the truck, and the odometer. That's helped me out a few times over the years. Once was a cracked windshield. Another was for some warranty work where they assured me it was test driven and after I picked it up and the repairs did nothing, and I paid for a test drive, I showed him a picture they ended up fixing the issue on their dime.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
knowing where the manager is coming from, trust me he is sorry, it all affects our bottom line- first it should not have happen, second if it happened it should have been admitted and dealt with- when I happened someone knew it, and then the customer notified, for inspection before and after the repair. this has happened I m sure at all dealerships, I think the manager in the end, looked after you. we as managers and owners, are never happy to hear or discover these issues. not good for anyone involved, customer or dealer. accidents happen no one likes that... me included .

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about when they drop it off the forklift from about 3 feet high and it lands clutch side on the pavement while you are watching and the shop owner laughs and says it can take it. Two km from the truck it seized.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about when they drop it off the forklift from about 3 feet high and it lands clutch side on the pavement while you are watching and the shop owner laughs and says it can take it. Two km from the truck it seized.
That's a ligit issue.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

At first I thought you were telling my forklift/sled story. Brand new 0km SMACK on the pavement!

They grabbed me a different one and the kid on the forklift left for lunch and never came back

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what happens when stumps & bushes damage the precious wrap?????

Top Bottom