Skidoo xm problem thread..........

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with your dealer. There was a flash that went with the recall but I'm thinking you should have had that done at PDI.
Thanks I will have to do that Im up at work at a remote lodge here for another week and a bit.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time out this afternoon. Made it 10km before sled starting getting warm, stopped and piled snow on cooler and scratchers down continued on, kept getting hotter and hotter. Stopped again and piled snow, getting hotter, took rad cap off to try and bleed, didn't help. Sled was so hot it shut down. Long story short, 25km total by time we got back down, took into Golden Doo and found the thermostat was NFG.. Replaced it and GTG. What a piss off.

Hey Director, Was it you we stopped and checked out your sled over heating, glad to see you got it fixed. If you go back into gorman the trail up and over is broken for you guys, lol Well just got home 1/2 hr ago and glad your ready to ride, 1 word of advise check your clickers and mae they are on 4 and check and also I tighten limiter strap one hole because this thing likes to climb and not stop untill its over you lol. Enjoy

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're the guy that I overheard there last week while I was waiting for my parts for my '10 Renegade, I sure didn't hear what you are posting. I heard them say that they would take it up with BRP, as we all know that we can bend handlebars on a big hit, which you kinda said you had. I've broken bars trying to straighten them but can't say that what all happened. Your sled wasn't there to look at, if you're that guy. If you are that guy, I wouldn't sell you my used truck (great deal on "infomall") for cold hard cash. They looked to me like they were trying to be decent to you.

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
broken handlebars.png broken handlebars2.png
Post a photo please of the bars.
Here is where they broke...I mentioned it to the dealer that they might want to look into this and he just said they had a couple roll overs already and none broke but I think that this is something they might want to look into!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell looking at your microscopic pics on my phone but it does look like it cracked right where they drilled the hole. Definitely looks like a potential spot for a failure to occur.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
how is it that a ski-doo problem thread has reached 17 pages ????

Must be a lot of bullchit in here...

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had there handle bars crack into on the new 2013 SP? I took mine out for a ride last saturday, only got 20km on the sled, powder cutting around and i brought up on the handle bars and they snapped off right where the grab bar mounts to the handle bars. They drilled 2 holes through the handle bars to connect the grab bar. Anyone else think this is a stupid idea that will affect the durability of the handle bars? Oh well I put last years handle bars on with the old grab bar and the dealer isnt going to cover it under warranty because they said I must of ridin it too hard!!! Pretty Sad St.Paul Power Murchants!!! It will be the last sled I buy from you guys!!!

I also beleive that the owner is going to look into having them warranted through BRP if there is truely a said problem. I chatted directly with him on Saturday about your bent/broken bars and post to see if he had heard anything if there is a problem.
He told me when he hears back from BRP that he would let me know what the outcome is so I would be comfortable ridin hard in the mountains without a spare set of bars strapped to my back just in case..
Hopefully they cover it on warranty. Just take a moment and wear his shoes for a day and deal with everyones problems and see what it is like.
Power Merchants owner will generally bend over backwards to assist his customers. Things take time and patience is a virtue.
Tough for the owner to light a fire under BRP's ass.
Not sure were you found enough snow to be carving around here. LOL!

Last edited:

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to bring xm to dealer for warranty, it didn't kill my trip but 4 times in two days it would kick onto 1 cylinder and then I would stop and look at plug wires/wires/coil move things around and start sled again good to go, then happen again was always below 5/6000ft on trail up or down and never in the alpine, hmmmmm but love the sled and can't wait to next week end again. Will let you know what they find.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is it that a ski-doo problem thread has reached 17 pages ????

Must be a lot of bullchit in here...

Probably 12 pages of nothing at all to do with problems and at least half the pages were on the wall before anyone even got their sleds lol!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those bars don't look to have the stock riser on them. Were the clamps too tight?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 143812View attachment 143813
Here is where they broke...I mentioned it to the dealer that they might want to look into this and he just said they had a couple roll overs already and none broke but I think that this is something they might want to look into!!

Did u lay your sled over and then use the handlebar to pull it upright??? Aren't the grab bars supposed to be used for that instance?? Also, seeing that the bars are straight across, and that there is no real easy way to pull sled over without a jerking or force-full start to the roll over, but maybe grabbing a little closer to the middle of the bars would resolve this issue, instead of (not accusing u of anything) grabbing right at the end of the curved bar to get it upright...

Cant say for sure cuz i want there, but I can see that break happening if someone did a "hard jerk" on the bars to get her back on track....

-rossco-

Reaction score
Had my xm out this weekend....seems to bog while wide open every once and a while like a fouled plug kinda noise and does it sometimes also when I'm on and off the throttle....other than that it works awesome..anyone else experience this?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rosco how's it goin?! My xm was doin the same thing Saturday morning. It only did this first thing so I am assuming it was just freezing up a bit.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Besides all of that, in the time that I got my sliders and plastic pieces that I wrecked last year, I watched proboy get ALL of the parts that he needed and advice on some installation. It looked to me like they had that all in stock. Right after he left, I also listened as the parts people decided to fastrack order some more spares just in case. Don't know about you, but would be pretty hard for me to consider going somewhere else when it's so obvious that these people really care. I'll save my boondocking til we get more snow. Riding the trails is just fine for now. I learned my lesson last season.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed when i took my sled off the truck at home today that my sled's rear end sags quite a bit, its even set to #4, any idea why?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed when i took my sled off the truck at home today that my sled's rear end sags quite a bit, its even set to #4, any idea why?

Mines the same way and I have the front spring cranked 3/4 of the way and the rear spring has the blocks set on super fat guy. I haven't even ridden it yet.

Top Bottom