Skidoo LinQ Deep Snow Pro Bag 30 L - Issues

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have one of the new Skidoo LinQ Deep Snow Pro Bag 30L. Really like how the bag seals with the special zipper, even hold air pressure once you zip it shut. I had one of my clips break on the bottom of the linQ bracket already, had to tie the bag down. But I am also having issues keeping the straps cinched down. I cinch them down and put the velcro around and within 2 seconds the staps have released to the loosest setting. Then the shovel portion is being flung around like a ragdoll, soon to rip off or eventually wear holes through the top of the bag. For the price of these bags at $309 Retail plus tax, they should last a few years. I will check around to change the straps to nylon ones like the other bags then the cinches will work. With the plastic cinch lines they lasted one ride and they were releasing. Who in Edmonton makes these straps that I can get them replaced at. Thank you.

https://shop.ski-doo.com/ca/en/860201985-linq-deep-snow-pro-bag-30-l.html

860201985.jpg
cb41b80aa79e0bc48b49fdfc7eb8ffa8.jpg

Last edited:

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a defective product. should be a warranty. ive never had any issues with the linq brackets. thats strange

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
looks like a defective product. should be a warranty. ive never had any issues with the linq brackets. thats strange

The broken piece is readily available, its $21 from BRP, I have to pay for it now, then when warranty is approved they will reimburse my account. The straps all need replaced they cannot be cinched to any position. Have to fill the bag and try to trap air in the bag so its ballooned as big as it can go otherwise the top portion is just flapping around like a cowboy riding bodacious the bull, especially when going down the trail at the end of a good ride.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I to beleive this is a warranty problem.
I had linq bags have problems back in the day and got warranty. Things have changed though.

Sounnds like a good subject to forward to out friendly Dave Norona for his input. He has run the bag forawhile....

Really no real reason why the four straps would loosen off????
Very strange.

Keep us in the loop on this one please.

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Ron, FYI my buds and I have the same issue. - the only way I could get it to stay tight was to scuff the belt with emery cloth.

Then they seem to hold. - I also suggest you watch the straps at the base of the bottom strap right near the bottom- they rip off. Currently have had 2 rip.

Of course Martin knows Zero of this and have never seen any issues whatsoever......my buddy
has
had 2 straps rip in 4 days of riding. - we think it’s a) the material b) when the straps come loose and the top starts slipping around.

I’m going to take mine and to totem outfitters and get them
to put webbing in for the bottom strap. Cause at 309 bucks , I should have to pay more to
make it work

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I guess I’ll keep my big bag that only fits on the Very back of the tunnel... Face palm

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine ripped off the first ride and I just thought I had forgot to close the straps in the dark. Now I think the straps may have failed!!

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ron, FYI my buds and I have the same issue. - the only way I could get it to stay tight was to scuff the belt with emery cloth.

Then they seem to hold. - I also suggest you watch the straps at the base of the bottom strap right near the bottom- they rip off. Currently have had 2 rip.

Of course Martin knows Zero of this and have never seen any issues whatsoever......my buddy
has
had 2 straps rip in 4 days of riding. - we think it’s a) the material b) when the straps come loose and the top starts slipping around.

I’m going to take mine and to totem outfitters and get them
to put webbing in for the bottom strap. Cause at 309 bucks , I should have to pay more to
make it work

Thanks for the tip of roughing up the straps, that may help ill try that, and for the Totem outfitters tip as well. Martins parts guys said they seen a few rip at the bottom where there sewed across that would weaken them. And when you cinch them down hard it is possible that they may tear. I'll check with totem outfitters and found a luggage repair enter at whitemud crossing ill check out today. I'll replace with, a black one similar to this.

cinch.jpg

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine ripped off the first ride and I just thought I had forgot to close the straps in the dark. Now I think the straps may have failed!!
Straps fail on one side and then you suck the whole shovel portion through the exchanger. Good times.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MMS West had one of these bags in stock. Was looking at it over the weekend. Had hear of others having issues with this bag. Parts guy said they hadn't heard of any issues with the bag other than one guy having a strap tear. Passed on this purchase. I'm thinking of going with a BCA MTNPRO bag instead, but trying to figure out how to mount it using the 2 rear sets of linq brackets on my '17 165.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MMS West had one of these bags in stock. Was looking at it over the weekend. Had hear of others having issues with this bag. Parts guy said they hadn't heard of any issues with the bag other than one guy having a strap tear. Passed on this purchase. I'm thinking of going with a BCA MTNPRO bag instead, but trying to figure out how to mount it using the 2 rear sets of linq brackets on my '17 165.
Probably the same parts guy that sold 300,000 belts in 2017.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly!! Glad it was not only me!!

Yep, same problem.... but caught it before being sucked up in the tunnel... The stitching perforates the strap making it easy to tear, kinda like duct tape. I have a new one sitting at the dealer, but have a feeling it will be an ongoing issue until they come up with a re-design. Dealer mentioned they seen a few of these.

I over lapped the strap drilled a nice clean hole in it and re bolted it to the bad. I believe it will be stronger than the stitching. Lasted this last weekend!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a parts guy on commission

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yep, same problem.... but caught it before being sucked up in the tunnel... The stitching perforates the strap making it easy to tear, kinda like duct tape. I have a new one sitting at the dealer, but have a feeling it will be an ongoing issue until they come up with a re-design. Dealer mentioned they seen a few of these.

There was another one on the wall at Martins, they cinched up the straps and you could easily pull on the top part and the straps let go till the maximum length, that was a unused one. So what does that tell you. The material is too slippery it relies on mechanical friction to cinch tight. The Velcro pieces then go around the strap which do absolutely nothing. I wouldn't waste your time getting a warranty replacement until BRP has new straps out. I like the bag below and the top portion but I'm surprised that they have come out with such junky straps, We cannot be the only ones with this issue either.

Im brining mine in to backpack repair professional Samsonite sale & repair center right now, I just talked to the lady about replacing the straps, she says she may replace them today for me. Wait and see. Ill post.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using this BCA. It works with 1 set of linqs. Can be moved forward when the fuel can is off. May want to buy some foam for the inside to ensure contents done shake around.

8B1971CC-8745-4B07-A204-0BD295223899.jpeg

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello To mount bra to my 2020 expert 165 i used the first set of hole for fuel tank, then mount second brackets in last hole on tunnel and first hole on bracket, then drilled a new second hole for second hole bracket. Put linq brackets on bra bag in middle with bolts, works great, had in on for 2 yrs on bad whooped trails and no issues, zippers work great, when take off fuel caddy move bag up front.

Pm me for pic if like or text 780-914-4150

Top Bottom