Ski Doo Fuel Caddy. How much does it hold?

J__Zak

Reaction score
As the title says I am looking into buying a fuel caddy and was just curious as to what the capacity is on them? Or if anyone has any other good options for around the same price.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do NOT buy one. go with the mtn addiction cans. i cant tell ya how many times i have picked up one of the doo cans on the side of the trail! i went through 2 straps myself! trust me on this one...the mountain addiction cans are unreal good. never lost one in two years....and i have put them threw the ringer..lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the new LinQ fuel cans this year from BRP. With the new latching system they won't be going anywhere.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the new LinQ fuel cans this year from BRP. With the new latching system they won't be going anywhere.

didnt know they had a new one. rode with a couple 12's last year that had the same as the ones i was speaking about. had to carry it up the trail until i caught up with the guy.

any pics of the new one?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didnt know they had a new one. rode with a couple 12's last year that had the same as the ones i was speaking about. had to carry it up the trail until i caught up with the guy.

any pics of the new one?

In the arrival date thread there are some new sleds with them on as well as skidoo.com. They use an over center lever that locks the can to the base. No more goofy strap system. Pretty slick.

revdog

Reaction score
The new fuel can holds 11 litres same as the old one.Price of the new can with mounting hardwear is $124.99 in the acc doo book.pg 125.

trailrider

Reaction score
The new Linq cans are nice, just put one on my sons new 2012 etec. But I have the powderkeg on my 2011 with the trunk also a very nice settup

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never heard of the powder keg...any pics?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As previously stated do not get the ski doing caddy. I had my dealer throw one in when I bought my sled and I lost the thing a handful of times. I also never needed to use it cause the etec is so good on fuel. It finally fell off for good on the highway. Either that or someone stole it. Either way I couldn't care. I would recommend the mountain addiction setup as well. Awesome design. Haven't seen the powderkeg in person yet so I have no opinion on it.

And like snopro said the new linq system Gerry cans are awesome but its only for skidoos as far as I know. It might be possible to use the retrofit kit for the xps, on a cat if you really like the look of it.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so I'm drumk but have to chime in ...
127 days in one season on rt1000 and never lost it !!!
I've watched guys lose it ...
would you people lose your head if it wasnt attached ???
seriously ... how much other ch!t do you lose on mother nature's expense ???
for farks sake its not rocket sience, tighen strap ... alls good eh ???
ohhhhh ... it had a twist in the strap ... your excused ...

12L is the answer ...

Last edited:

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so I'm drumk but have to chime in ...
127 days in one season on rt1000 and never lost it !!!
I've watched guys lose it ...
would you people lose your head if it wasnt attached ???
seriously ... how much other ch!t do you lose on mother nature's expense ???
for farks sake its not rocket sience, tighen strap ... alls good eh ???
ohhhhh ... it had a twist in the strap ... your excused ...

12L is the answer ...

haha...awesome post.

i never lost mine by it not being tight...snapped the strap twice. i like hang time and i like to smash moguls too....not saying you dont. maybe lucky? seriously, see them all teh time on the trail. not only that the ratchet system lets go.

i gotta say.....nearly $400 for that powder keg?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAVE yourself half that and buy a mtn addiction. nearly 400 for a god damn gas can?? i thought 150 was high for the mtn addiction. plain silly to pay almost 400 for a damn gas can!

Top Bottom