simmons skis on M7

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed simmons skis on their M7 and found the camber to be way out (ex. skies are positioned like this / \ ) I looked to try to fix this but cant seem to figure it out without considerable expense. Do most people not even worry about it? Any help would be appreciated.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Skis

LINKZ: YOU MENTIONED CAMBER BEING OUT, BUT THEN YOU SAID THE SKIS WERE POINTED INWARD??? WHICH IS IT? THE ANGLE THAT THE SKIS TIP POINT(INWARD/OUTWARD) IS THE TOE-IN/TOE-OUT STEERING ANGLE. THE ANGLE THAT THE "BALL JOINTS"(OR STEERING SHAFTS) PRODUCE WHEN LOOKED AT FROM THE FRONT OF THE SLED COULD BE TILTED INWARD OR OUTWARD IF DRAWING AN IMAGINARY LINE DOWN THEM--- THIS IS CALLED CAMBER. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A TOE PROBLEM, AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ALIGN THE SKIS QUITE EASILY. DO YOU HAVE A SHOP MANUAL??:confused:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The example i gave is looking down the skis, not from the top, which is the camber, i should have been more clear. I have already adjusted the toe in/out. I do not have a shop manual as im quite familiar with general repairs, this is just a new one i have not had to do before so i guess I'll pick one up.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ski stance

you're right, that would be the camber. I would suggest getting a shop manual, as this would give you the correct adjustments(if they're adjustable). most of my sleds are non-adjustable, and I cant see why just putting on skiis whould change the camber angle?? check the control arms and see if they are adjustable. are the ski mounts possibly bent, or someother form of improper installation.. are you sure the skiis were in proper alignment with the previous skiis?? proper camber angle usually requires a camber gauge of some type. good luck Linkz

Attachments

• sled.jpg
    sled.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 57

GRD

Reaction score
dumb question

Is it possible the skies are on the wrong side?

Top Bottom