Simmons or Powder Hound??

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the new Powder hound skis, are they better than the simmons. I like the simmons skis but powder hound has a sweet orange, white, black camo ski that would match my '08 M8 perfectly.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 1 bud that went from simmons to P.H. I have 7 riding buds that have gone from various models to simmons. I like simmons . I personally can not tell the difference between P.H. and Simmons. The one bud who is running them has them on the exact same spooled Yammie as I have. My wife has a new M8 08 sno pro coming and it will get Simmons with orange over black skis. Very cool looking not as radical as P.H. I was at C.R. Racing in Kelowna and Chad wasn't sold on the new Gen 2 skis from simmons. I think they will be hard to side hill, and ski pressure could be heavy in the spring. Good Luck

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY GUYS--- OUR ONE BUD (900CATMOD) WENT FROM SIMMONS TO P.H., BUT HASN'T HAD IT ON THE SNOW YET..... BOUGHT THEM FROM RORY @ PURE ADDICTION MOTORSPORTS @ 405-3458. LAST TIME I WAS THERE, HE HAD LOTS OF DIFFERENT COLORS IN STOCK.
WHERE WERE YOU LOOKING FOR SKIIS AT??:confused:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS--- OUR ONE BUD (900CATMOD) WENT FROM SIMMONS TO P.H., BUT HASN'T HAD IT ON THE SNOW YET..... BOUGHT THEM FROM RORY @ PURE ADDICTION MOTORSPORTS @ 405-3458. LAST TIME I WAS THERE, HE HAD LOTS OF DIFFERENT COLORS IN STOCK.
WHERE WERE YOU LOOKING FOR SKIIS AT??:confused:

I went straight to Sly Dogs website. I looked at PA but couldn't find if they sold P.H. skis.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some thing to keep in mind Linkz the A.C. M series has gone to their sno cross race spindle. This tighter turning may not work well with a real aggresive ski. Talked to a bud who builds front ends and its his opinion to wait on buying skis for the new M the rear geometry is changed and so is the front. New skid ,New steering. Sh!t should of done some thinking myself might have some new simmons fo sale. And my comment on not being able to tell the difference between the 2 skis was on TB yammies and skis real are only needed in the staging lot. LOL P.S if you want to try some simmons let me know I have extra ones you can try they are green but you will get the feel. I also have some C.A.s you can try and then throw them in your garbage bin LOL. Good Luck BooYaah

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The P H are alot lighter then the simmons by about 5-7 lbs for the set keep that in mind. I currently run Simmons but I will be at some point trying out the P H's.:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The P H are alot lighter then the simmons by about 5-7 lbs for the set keep that in mind. I currently run Simmons but I will be at some point trying out the P H's.:D

YUP, ITS ALL ABOUT THE WEIGHT....... MY 1K(1TON) RT1000 SUMMIT WOULDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE, I CARRY SO MUCH TOOLS AND WEIGHT ANYWAY...... IN MY CASE I'D SAVE MORE WEIGHT AND HUGE MONEY BY LOOSING THE 30LBS OFF MY "KEGGER" THAN "LIGHTWEIGHTING" MY SLED.LOL

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some thing to keep in mind Linkz the A.C. M series has gone to their sno cross race spindle. This tighter turning may not work well with a real aggresive ski. Talked to a bud who builds front ends and its his opinion to wait on buying skis for the new M the rear geometry is changed and so is the front. New skid ,New steering. Sh!t should of done some thinking myself might have some new simmons fo sale. And my comment on not being able to tell the difference between the 2 skis was on TB yammies and skis real are only needed in the staging lot. LOL P.S if you want to try some simmons let me know I have extra ones you can try they are green but you will get the feel. I also have some C.A.s you can try and then throw them in your garbage bin LOL. Good Luck BooYaah

Thanks for the heads up, I will wait to see what the changes will bring. Also, im sorry i wasn't clear, I do own simmons on my M7 and like them very much, its just the camo look that caught my eye on the P.H. skis. You say they made the M8's turn tighter, that's pretty good considering they turned pretty tight to begin with.

M

motorsportaddiction

Sly Dogs are lighter. They use "snow induction" to help cornering, side hilling and floatation. They definitley find their own line, less darting, not to mention they look cool.
We have alot of different colors for any sled on hand. Call or e-mail us with any questions or come by and check them out.

rosey

Reaction score
bought my multi-coloured sly dogs skis from rory last summer when he was still on the farm and i have no issues with them at all. all around great light ski for any conditions and they match my yellow and blue 03 800HO perfect. also got my boss seat from rory.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sly Dogs are lighter. They use "snow induction" to help cornering, side hilling and floatation. They definitley find their own line, less darting, not to mention they look cool.
We have alot of different colors for any sled on hand. Call or e-mail us with any questions or come by and check them out.

I've been trying to make it to your shop, been very busy, I will make it one day! You're only about 2-3 blocks from my work.

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how do they float in comparison

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have powder hounds on my tapex, they don't dart and are extremely flexible I had the tip of the right one touching my air intake on the boondocker. Flexes right back into shape, they are worth the money spent.

TheBlazeman

Reaction score
I've never ridden em but my homie who rides an 06 700rmk love em tha sly dogs that is

Top Bottom