Silver mines

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious group I go with wants to go into silver mines. Any updates about it this year so far. Not really excited about the avalanche conditions. Keeping an eye on them. As well can you access it from the silent parking lot. Thanks

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did see some pictures of the blocked stuff some big trees but seen some guys put in the work and cut a path in
I’d go in for a ride with you again your knowledge of the area was impressive. Send me a message if your looking for a partner sometime

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tree debris across the trail is from last spring or summer. Strange spot. Yes, some people made a trail through. We improved it a little more and it's a non issue now.

I've been going to the Mines for 26 years now. Probably close to 100 times. I've never seen the snow pack so low. Even when I've gone in early December of past years. That being said, we did make it all the way and the snow in the alpine was quite good. Just less than normal. So probably hazards lurking below the surface. Saw less than normal slide activity. The heliski chopper was going but only with 1/3 the clientele.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Feedback. Likely go there in March.

Trail should be pretty decent if there has not been much traffic.

Top Bottom