Sig Sauer Owners

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody fired a SIG Sauer P220 Equinox Pistol? I'm going to have a look at some pistols this weekend, and this one is at the top of my list. Hoping to get some real world opinions on it.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody fired a SIG Sauer P220 Equinox Pistol? I'm going to have a look at some pistols this weekend, and this one is at the top of my list. Hoping to get some real world opinions on it.
Thanks

The 220 is 45acp right??
I have two 226 one in 9mm and one in 40/357sig and love them both. Simple easy to use and more accurate than I am. Get the siglite sights and the beavertail if you have big hands.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have carried a 226 for 10 years. Best pistol I have ever used. The P220 is a nice single stack 45, if I was looking at a 45 I would go for a P227.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the P229 40 cal.
My hand gun now is 40 cal. So can use the same bullets.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Why not the 227 equinox??

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not the 227 equinox??

To be honest, I didn't read anything about the 227, but it definitely looks interesting. A little longer and only a couple of ounces heavier, but I like the 10+1 over the 8+1 for sure. Price looks the same as well. Thanks for the heads up, appreciate it. I'll have a look at that one as well tomorrow.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Springfield xdm 40 cal.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a XD-9. Awesome pistol. It was my first. Wish I had kept it but sold it while I was out of work. If I get another it will be a match. Prob another 9mm too. Have my .45 for the bigger round. I was never into the .40's
xd9.jpg

Last edited:

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a sig for a while now, probably wait till this summer though. Finally got my beretta in the mail a couple weeks ago, but it won't leave the safe so I'm wanting a sig for the range, just not sure what to get.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No, I haven't, the ones I was looking at were the S&W m&p 45 or the m&p 9 mm range kit. I tried to find a Herstal FN Five seveN. But after doing some investigating, found you can't purchase as a civilian and if you did get your hands on one, the ammo is extremely hard to get and expensive to shoot. I also looked at a S&W 1911.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't, the ones I was looking at were the S&W m&p 45 or the m&p 9 mm range kit. I tried to find a Herstal FN Five seveN. But after doing some investigating, found you can't purchase as a civilian and if you did get your hands on one, the ammo is extremely hard to get and expensive to shoot. I also looked at a S&W 1911.

Gotta a commander size 1911 made by S+W. I like it a lot. Nice to shoot. decent price.
1911.jpg

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm the proud new owner of a P227 Equinox

It felt great in my hand and I can't wait to pick it up next week!
Thanks for the heads up on this model, Toyboy appreciate it!

Best part is, I've been saving all of my safety points for the past 3 years and converting them to cabelas gift cards, so all the gun basically cost me was the GST.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet gun Woody! Let us know how you like it. I'm in the market and that looks like a really nice gun.

Top Bottom