Sidewinder rpm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sidewinder is all over with the max rpm at w.o.t. i just don't know what causes this . Weights look fine they are just stock mtx i have put new springs rollers try different helix ran it real tight or soft on the secondary spring doesn't seem to make a difference. Sled runs fine sounds good just Any input would be helpful . 17 winder 250 mcx 174 . It feels like it doesn't back shift properly when u are just cruising and pin it it doesn't back shift .

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sidewinder is all over with the max rpm at w.o.t. i just don't know what causes this . Weights look fine they are just stock mtx i have put new springs rollers try different helix ran it real tight or soft on the secondary spring doesn't seem to make a difference. Sled runs fine sounds good just Any input would be helpful . 17 winder 250 mcx 174 . It feels like it doesn't back shift properly when u are just cruising and pin it it doesn't back shift .
Stock mtx weights? Which ones? What secondary spring are you running?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't know there was different 2017 mtx weights ? I will have to look . Put in the 2018 primary and secondary springs 33/35 helix.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weights say 8KC 00 ? Not sure what that means

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't know there was different 2017 mtx weights ? I will have to look . Put in the 2018 primary and secondary springs 33/35 helix.
You have a tune you need heavier weights than the mtx weights, the dalton weights are easily adjustable and the profile is close to the Yamaha weights, I’m running the same power as you and running 70g daltons. Grab yourself a purple epi or a arctic cat white torsion spring for your secondary. Start with a 0-1 wrap on your secondary spring. 37degree helix is the ticket if you ride mountains. This should fix your problems if they are related to your clutching, from the sounds of what your running now it is.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmm sled never hits rev limiter . 7800 to 8800 on same hill just different speed at start

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then somethings up because you’re way under clutched for 250hp, your secondary spring is too soft and your weights are too light. You’re running stock weights and springs and you’ve added 50+ hp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i wasn't clear and forgot i have stock weights with the bolts in them like mcx tells u to put in . Im just wondering why my rpm is never the same at w.o.t. Im going a stiffer secondary spring and try these dalton weights. Im thinking its not backshifting and that why its pulling the motor all over 7800 to 8800? Sled feels like it gear to high but maybe this is the secondary spring too soft? Sled just pull hard with the 162 track but when i put on this 174 it struggles

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you would like help with your SW PM me, if you do be patient, I'm very busy .
Gladly help you out but not on this forum. I think your in Kelowna correct?

Top Bottom