Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually dont mind mixing the av gas
2 drums half full and get coop to top em off with farm fuel delivery

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look on the lynx website says 95 octane foe all of the shredder models . Please correct me if I am wrong

you are correct. The skidoo shows 91 Lynx 95

since they are identical motors i am thinking this likely has something to do with the sled being designed in finland. Perhaps 95 is what they have available to them

but i would forsure want that verified with dealer before ordering. From a technical standpoint i see no reason why the lynx would need 95 and the Skidoo 91

pizalm

Reaction score

since they are identical motors i am thinking this likely has something to do with the sled being designed in finland. Perhaps 95 is what they have available to them

but i would forsure want that verified with dealer before ordering. From a technical standpoint i see no reason why the lynx would need 95 and the Skidoo 91

Octane in Europe is measured differently.

From Google

In Europe, the octane rating on the pump is simply the RON figure. America, by contrast, uses the average of the RON and the MON figures, called the AKI (anti-knock index). Thus, 97 octane “super unleaded” in Britain is roughly equivalent to 91 octane premium in the United States.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A interesting side note , I have a feeling the lynx is running some more timing than the the doo for 2022 . The titanium can I ran on my doo causes sensor issues on my boondocker . for 2023 ? My experience has been timing will add more hp than compression .

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually dont mind mixing the av gas
2 drums half full and get coop to top em off with farm fuel delivery
The only thing i
Miss about running av was the boys outing to go get it haha. And the smell……. Of the AV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s probably cheaper than premium now too
Last year my dad wanted to take his old apex turbo up. The av was cheaper then bc premium. Such a variance price wise airport to airport I find.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s funny, E85 makes more power, safer on boosted 4 strokes… yet we shy away from ethanol in our 2 strokes, Boosted or not… why doesn’t the ethanol help?
Ethanol in 2 strokes has always been a no no due to the ethanol reacting with the oil and causing lubrication problems is the way I always understood it.

However with direct Injection it might be doable now. Ethanol also attracts water which isn't ideal for the environment sleds get used in either.

I don't think I have ever seen an E85 pump in Canada. I know down in the southern states they can get 93 for premium, and some places only have 93, no 91.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm great friends with Rene since he's originally from Falher! They always have the proper parts in stock and are easy to deal with even when i wasn't buying my sleds from them I'd bring them into stojans to get fixed quickly! Sadly I won't be buying a sled for next winter. I've bought 2 sleds two years in a row so I'll let others test the first year production! I'm sure they'll Rip though

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm great friends with Rene since he's originally from Falher! They always have the proper parts in stock and are easy to deal with even when i wasn't buying my sleds from them I'd bring them into stojans to get fixed quickly! Sadly I won't be buying a sled for next winter. I've bought 2 sleds two years in a row so I'll let others test the first year production! I'm sure they'll Rip though
Yes, Rene is good people too!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ethanol in 2 strokes has always been a no no due to the ethanol reacting with the oil and causing lubrication problems is the way I always understood it.

However with direct Injection it might be doable now. Ethanol also attracts water which isn't ideal for the environment sleds get used in either.

I don't think I have ever seen an E85 pump in Canada. I know down in the southern states they can get 93 for premium, and some places only have 93, no 91.
One station in Calgary sells e85, it usually tests at e90.

On 17ave sw

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the new lynx video they say it is 16 klo lighter. My friend tried a lynx last week and said it would wax all the 850 doo's in the group and wasn't sure why. Could be timing.

Top Bottom