short tracks in mcbride

over sixfoot

Reaction score
howdy would like to know when the "Little" tracks are able to ride in the mcbride area..say late feb or early march planning a trip out never been there and thanks to jude for the info about your b&b....cherrs Leo:D

Last edited by a moderator:

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
howdy would like to know when the "Little" tracks are abel to ride in the mcbride area..say late feb or early march plannin a trip out never been there and thanks to jude for the info about your b&b....cherrs Leo:D

In the spring when there is Hero snow, and you are following some others, and your sled has some decent power, and it didn't just snow 1 foot of new pow, you should be ok. Conditions like this become more frequent in March, but that is no gaurantee. 1 snow storm can change everything.

There have been many times when I was up in Mcbride and short tracks were ok. Not so good for renshaw, but lots in bell. Bell gets so packed down you could ride almost anything there. In renshaw if you drop over the notch, you might not be comming back. Really gotta watch where you go in that area. Definatly make sure you are with some people that have been around there before if you go into renshaw, or just stay in site of the cabin. I have seen short track in the back areas of renshaw but I really worry about them. Bell is much more forgiving and low risk.

over sixfoot

Reaction score
oky doky.... i have a 1994 skidoo 583 stx 121...with a new 1" sneaker..any other area's ...and i don't take chances to old and don't like diggin cheers

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get to any of the three areas with a 121, BUT if it has snowed or you go off trail with a 1" track....bring 2 shovels. I've had my MXZ in the back of Renshaw and in the spring I've seen 121's way father back than that. As 2003 Summit said you need the hero snow. Keep in touch with bbtoys for conditions.....I think he rides 7 days a week....lucky bugger.:cool:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Over. When ever you decide to come to Mcbride I will gladly take you up and not get you into trouble. I have never not gotten someone home at the end of the day and you will have a smile on your face to boot. There are alot of places to go with a short track, so come on down and have some fun.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is lots of fun to be had in the mountains on any length track. You just have to be a little smart about it. I started riding in Mcbride and Valemount on a 1980 ss 440 yamaha with a 117 track. It didnt take long before I long tracted it to a 121 though! lol

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
oky doky.... i have a 1994 skidoo 583 stx 121...with a new 1" sneaker..any other area's ...and i don't take chances to old and don't like diggin cheers
bbtoys is little older too (not that it makes much difference) and doesn't like digging much either. However, he has two types of sno-bungees that make it easier to get unstuck. No worries.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn't so many years ago we were breaking that trail into the Renshaw on 440- 500's with 121- 136's, way before it was being groomed in just as much snow if not more than there is these days.

If you go out there on a long weekend have no worries, regardless how much it snows, the front side of the renshaw gets pounded out in an hour or 2 because of all the traffic, by lunchtime the trails to the backside are set up hard and you can go anywhere. Same goes for Lucille and Bell. On a normal weekend, the snow doesn't get tracked up near as fast, but it could be a little more fun trying to get out back in the Renshaw, only because of the hills at the saddle or the staircase.

I wouldn't be concerning myself about if there is a better time to go or not,( of course spring riding can be much easier) all the 3 main riding areas are groomed trails in, and get ridden alot so you won't have much difficulty if your a smart / experienced rider.

Go have fun and enjoy some of the best riding BC has to offer in Mcbride.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another nice thing about spring riding is the amount of daylight available to ride. Mid April is a great time for long, mild days in the hills.:cool:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We've ridden in McBride with short tracks before, depending on the conditions, they get around just fine. If your lucky enough to have Barry with you he can always break trail.
Spring si a time the the short tracks can really shine, we've seen short tracks kick long track butts when the snow is harder.
Have no fear, you'll do fine.

over sixfoot

Reaction score
Re: short tracks in mcbride..OK all sled exp

man tks for all the info....its nice to have all that "know" power out there..can't wait to go ..will do bye myself..or a bunch of lazy old couch budys ..will post the weekend ..come one come all...Cheers Leo:party:

Beekeeper

Reaction score
Re: short tracks in mcbride..OK all sled exp

I was in Mcbride for 4 days between X-Mass and new years. Experienced all 3 riding areas. The reason I mention this is because I have a Cat X-Fire 7 136/1.25. I did not get stuck much more than anyone else. I was with 5 other guys all with long track doo's. I chose each challenge carefully. I usually followed behind taking advantage of the path. All and all it was an experience I will never forget and look foward to getting am M next year!

Top Bottom