Secondary Clutch Replacement Options 2010 M8

sleliuk1

Reaction score
My secondary piled up on my 2010 M8, nothing salvageable. No parts available from cat anymore for the direct replacement. Do other cat clutches work on the older M series from the 2012 and up sleds? Seems ridiculous that a guy can't get parts anymore. Do those newer style big fin clutches work? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried already and no luck. Tried a bunch of other go to guys as well and they have nothing.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i have one of these stashed away unless i chucked it, not sure if that will work? Was on an 03 rmk so it might be an older shaft design? I dont know anything about Cats.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
I think i have one of these stashed away unless i chucked it, not sure if that will work? Was on an 03 rmk so it might be an older shaft design? I dont know anything about Cats.

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure that one would work on the M series sleds. I appreciate it though.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try central sled in Wetaskiwin talk to Jerry. He may still have some of the old secondary's the big fin replaced at least you could see if it would fit.
The other thing would be to call BDX Extreme and see if they have any ?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You could try Kinghorn too.... Don's speed parts.

If that doesn't work I can check with some guys I know for you

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There's a guy out of Beaumont on Facebook now advertising he has lots of "m series" parts, his phone number doesn't show up in his ad, but his name is Rob Boonstra.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Try central sled in Wetaskiwin talk to Jerry. He may still have some of the old secondary's the big fin replaced at least you could see if it would fit.
The other thing would be to call BDX Extreme and see if they have any ?
Thanks I’ll try wetaskiwin. Bdx doesn’t make anymore, I called and ask. Appreciate the help

sleliuk1

Reaction score
You could try Kinghorn too.... Don's speed parts.

If that doesn't work I can check with some guys I know for you
Thanks, I never heard of Kinghorn, is that a place? I might have a used one lined up from a wrecker guy I’ve used before in Sherwood park, Kirk, I’ll know this Sunday forsure. Appreciate the help

sleliuk1

Reaction score
There's a guy out of Beaumont on Facebook now advertising he has lots of "m series" parts, his phone number doesn't show up in his ad, but his name is Rob Boonstra.
Yes Rob is awesome and has a ton of stuff, just no secondary clutches at the moment. I’ve been in touch with him. Thanks.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, I never heard of Kinghorn, is that a place? I might have a used one lined up from a wrecker guy I’ve used before in Sherwood park, Kirk, I’ll know this Sunday forsure. Appreciate the help
Kinghorn is the name of the guy who owns Don's speed parts in wainwright

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Kinghorn is the name of the guy who owns Don's speed parts in wainwright
Oh ok thanks, sorry i misread your post. I called a week ago and the parts guy said he has heard of using a different secondary clutch for these sleds and would get back to me, but never did.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw one pop up on Facebook this morning. Still has the secondary. I messaged him, wants $400.

Top Bottom