SeaDoo Spark Tuning

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at possibly getting my Sparks bumped up a little bit . Thinking of a 110 or a 115hp tune . Does anyone happen to have any experience with any tunes? Information and reviews are pretty scarce online . Is it worth it ?
Right now I’m leaning towards the 115hp tune from Silber , through Westlock .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've thought about putting one on mine too.

Must be just advancing the timing to make more hp?

wonder how it would effect reliability?

Try it out and let me know, haha

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've thought about putting one on mine too.

Must be just advancing the timing to make more hp?

wonder how it would effect reliability?

Try it out and let me know, haha
Everyone loves a fearless test monkey! Hahah

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Riva Racing, their products work as described. They will do a lot of testing & provide the results. I don't have much performance experience with the Sparks, more with the fiberglass hulls.

Generally a re pitch of the impeller is needed to get the rpm spot on with any watercraft performance mods. Intake grates really help as well, keeping the pump loaded is important.

Keep in mind elevation, the 3% per thousand applies just like sleds. Watercraft are set for sea level, so if your rpm is down so is performance. A simple re pitch can get 200rpm back, that is huge performance wise.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the spark a naturally aspirated motor?

got my own answer 90hp NA I assume you are talking.

Last edited:

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and sent them off in the mail today directly to Silber for the 115hp tune . Will be curious to see how they perform . One of my units has an aftermarket impellar (which they recommend) and the other has a next to new factory one . Will be interesting to compare .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and sent them off in the mail today directly to Silber for the 115hp tune . Will be curious to see how they perform . One of my units has an aftermarket impellar (which they recommend) and the other has a next to new factory one . Will be interesting to compare .

Good luck and
Keep us updated, because I'm curious about how it works.

Seems like pretty good bang for the buck!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not bashing, I have found I run out of fun rather quickly on the sea doo's... How are these Spark Trixx? fun like a stand up?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not bashing, I have found I run out of fun rather quickly on the sea doo's... How are these Spark Trixx? fun like a stand up?

They are light, fun to throw around. It's not like sledding, but I live lake front so no loading and unloading. Can go out for an hour or 2 cool down, do some donuts ext.

If I wasnt lake front i wouldnt own one.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Pretty much what LilDuke said above . Most of the people that have tried mine own larger modeled faster units , which they say can get boring at times . Almost like your driving a boat there so big . Atleast on these you can toss around like a sled kinda , try a few tricks , wheelie , and cat walk off waves, get wet easily if you want to , same as stand up jet ski more or less less , just a little more stable and way more adjustability with your nozzle angle .

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty impressive if they can get 115hp from 90hp stock on a canned tune.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty impressive if they can get 115hp from 90hp stock on a canned tune.

It bumps the rev limiter up quite a bit I guess.

Stock they rev 8050rpm and you can bump it up to.as high as 8900 I've heard , most tunes only bump it to 8500 though

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
must make more power to pull that much more rpm on the same impeller?

They are governed from the factory to 8050rpm , for warranty purposes probably. Just taking that off might be where the extra power comes from? Plus a lil timing boost.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for sure, in jet boats they use impeller sizes as the constant for rpm/HP requirements. I wonder if there would be another bigger benefit in the pump after the tune. bigger impeller or one with more bite might really impress a guy.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for sure, in jet boats they use impeller sizes as the constant for rpm/HP requirements. I wonder if there would be another bigger benefit in the pump after the tune. bigger impeller or one with more bite might really impress a guy.

My impeller is a bit chewed up, I have a new one to put on should be good for a few mph. They also come factory with a plastic wear ring. Going to a stainless steal wear ring with tighter tolerances helps a bit too I guess.

Mine tops out at 80kmh, gets there pretty quick though.

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they make Hi skew impellers for them? wear ring clearance is key for sure

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they make Hi skew impellers for them? wear ring clearance is key for sure

Solas makes aftermarket impellers. I'm sure there is some better options than the stock one. I just have the brp impeller.

Some guys mod them for the river , full race ones will do.60mph,so there is lots of mods available.

But My next mod is the 800$ brp stereo haha

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much $$ for the Silber tune? Can they do it in Westlock ? Racelabs does it for $250 US ,but you have to send the ECM to the states . I'm sticking with the plastic wear ring in my Trixx and keeping a spare, after snapping one already. Took out wear ring only ,rocks didn't hurt the impeller. Fun cheap toy..

Top Bottom