Sar

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone who is currently healing a busted femur, I can assure you, you do NOT want to be 30km in the back country with broken parts. I only had 8 KM of whooped out sand dunes to get back to the truck and from the time I crashed to the time I actually got to a hospital was probably 5-6 hours. That was in a relatively easy to access area, in warm weather with a ton of people available for help( Thanks for that by the way for anyone that helped me, Vega, Crashed my Ktm dirt bike, hauled out on a polaris ranger). Now imagine that same scenario only way back in say Renshaw, 40+ kms from the truck, cold and tired, weather set in, no chopper available due to said weather.......every single thing about that is fuggin horrible. Just think before you act. Ya it might look cool if you pull it off....... it might also become the worst decision you ever made. Choose wisely.

Pack a few percocet. It would ease the pain.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone who is currently healing a busted femur, I can assure you, you do NOT want to be 30km in the back country with broken parts. I only had 8 KM of whooped out sand dunes to get back to the truck and from the time I crashed to the time I actually got to a hospital was probably 5-6 hours. That was in a relatively easy to access area, in warm weather with a ton of people available for help( Thanks for that by the way for anyone that helped me, Vega, Crashed my Ktm dirt bike, hauled out on a polaris ranger). Now imagine that same scenario only way back in say Renshaw, 40+ kms from the truck, cold and tired, weather set in, no chopper available due to said weather.......every single thing about that is fuggin horrible. Just think before you act. Ya it might look cool if you pull it off....... it might also become the worst decision you ever made. Choose wisely.

I broke my femur when I was young, bone came out the front of my leg. Doc told me if I had nicked my femoral artery I would have died at the scene. Unbelievable pain just lying still, never mind moving.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke my femur when I was young, bone came out the front of my leg. Doc told me if I had nicked my femoral artery I would have died at the scene. Unbelievable pain just lying still, never mind moving.

My son broke his femur when he was 4, pretty scary thing to have happen for sure!
067700ea021da7d305880979246875ba.jpg

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if considering buying new clothing buy bright colors. a guy in a black jacket and black pants is very hard to see from the air. we flew over the guys we were looking for 3 times and didn't see them. or some sort of signal device. makes the search go much faster. or spend the $$$ and pull your av cord. bags are easy to spot. thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom