Sar

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something to keep in mind, SAR has had to change a couple things so you need to know....if you get injured and need to be flown out we need more time. if you are injured late day you will most likely not get flown before dark as the pilot needs to do 2 flights, also the bird can't fly you out on a stretcher so you have to be able to sit. if not you will be taken out on sled stretcher(not a fun experience)
you must be masked

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something to keep in mind, SAR has had to change a couple things so you need to know....if you get injured and need to be flown out we need more time. if you are injured late day you will most likely not get flown before dark as the pilot needs to do 2 flights, also the bird can't fly you out on a stretcher so you have to be able to sit. if not you will be taken out on sled stretcher(not a fun experience)
you must be masked

If I or someone was hurt and needed to be flown out I wouldn't wait for SAR. I would just call/text the local heli and give them my CC and get the heck out. SAR is min one hour to activate.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
you must be masked

is this due to COVID restrictions Barry?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your still not coming out on a stretcher. 206 doesn't have the capability

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes qovid is the reason on flight time as he will need to make a second trip to pick-up the SAR team that responded

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it need to be a medical - grade mask? Serious question, if the OP knows. Because I always wear my balaclava under my helmet and keep a neck warmer in my pocket for the super cold days, both could be put on and pulled up over my mouth & nose.
SAR isn't going to leave you behind because you don't have a mask on. If you don't have one they will provide one. They are in the business of rescuing people not being azzholes give your heads a shake.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SAR isn't going to leave you behind because you don't have a mask on. If you don't have one they will provide one. They are in the business of rescuing people not being azzholes give your heads a shake.
your right. but you have to wear it if we pick you up. as long your covered. thanks

sledhunter

Reaction score
In the McBride and Valemount sledding areas Robson Valley SAR takes the Covid-19 Pandemic seriously. If you choose to ride here and you get injured there are some realities that you will face.
1. The emergency responders will provide a response within the provincial health officers guidelines.
2. You will be required to wear a face mask while in our care.
3. Our responders are not single use or disposable. They are called upon to save lives and reduce suffering over 30 times each year. You and your companions have a responsibility to ensure their safety while they are assisting you.
4. Dependant upon helicopter availability the helicopter may have to make a second flight to extract the remaining rescuers after the patient is extracted.
5. These are challenging times, act/ride responsibly
6. These emergency responses are planned and managed to ensure that the responders and the subject (you) are safe. They take time. You chose the time and location, we didn’t. We will respond when and if it is safe to do so.
7. A credit card and cell phone is nice to have. If that’s your entire safety plan, your already in trouble.

Stay safe,
Robson Valley SAR

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I didn’t suspect they would leave me behind, but I also don’t want to be ‘that guy’ relying on someone else to provide a mask for my dumbazz who needed to call them out to whatever our scenario might be in the first place. If they needed a medical grade, I would throw one into my pack and take it with me when riding. That’s why I was asking. If any fade covering will do them sounds like I’m already covered.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn’t suspect they would leave me behind, but I also don’t want to be ‘that guy’ relying on someone else to provide a mask for my dumbazz who needed to call them out to whatever our scenario might be in the first place. If they needed a medical grade, I would throw one into my pack and take it with me when riding. That’s why I was asking. If any fade covering will do them sounds like I’m already covered.
My thoughts exactly

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just put 2 medical grade in your first aid kit in a ziplock and you are "covered".
Get the best for the extra $.75 each then no issues.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put 2 medical grade in your first aid kit in a ziplock and you are "covered".
Get the best for the extra $.75 each then no issues.
Sounds like less room for beer and fireball if you need to carry masks and a first aid kit...

Reactions: RXN

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone who is currently healing a busted femur, I can assure you, you do NOT want to be 30km in the back country with broken parts. I only had 8 KM of whooped out sand dunes to get back to the truck and from the time I crashed to the time I actually got to a hospital was probably 5-6 hours. That was in a relatively easy to access area, in warm weather with a ton of people available for help( Thanks for that by the way for anyone that helped me, Vega, Crashed my Ktm dirt bike, hauled out on a polaris ranger). Now imagine that same scenario only way back in say Renshaw, 40+ kms from the truck, cold and tired, weather set in, no chopper available due to said weather.......every single thing about that is fuggin horrible. Just think before you act. Ya it might look cool if you pull it off....... it might also become the worst decision you ever made. Choose wisely.

Top Bottom