Santa's Toy Ride - 65km - Sunday Jan 10 - Ministik

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

This Toy Ride is now GROOMED

Well the weather is cooperating at -2 for Sunday Jan 10 so the Santa's Toy Ride is ON....

This ride is open to the general public and not just ASA Members - so bring a friend or neighbor...

We want to see everyone there so comeon out......

LOCATION: Ministik Bird Sanctuary - Parking Lot #2 - RR220 & Twp 504a
- for a MAP see
TIME: Unload at 10:00 am ready to ride by 11:00 am

REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Driver’s License, Snowmobile Registration with License, and
Helmets. The snowmobile operator must be 14 or older (can be a passenger if under 14 years
old). Each participant must sign a Waiver Form before the ride begins

The Santa's Toy Ride is a family oriented 65 km snowmobile ride to raise toys for Santa's
Anonymous or food donations for the Food Bank. This ride will leave Parking Lot #2 in
Ministik and head south to Centennial Park with a stop to stretch your legs and use outhouses,
then continue south to the Town of Hay Lakes for a Bar-B-Que Lunch from the Tri-County
Snowmobile Club Trailer.

Any donations received towards the Bar-B-Que Lunch will go to the food bank.
Fuel is available in Hay Lakes at the Tempo Gas Station
After lunch the ride will continue north along the Hi-Way No. 21 ditch to Hi-Way 625 then east
to return to Parking Lot #2.

PARTICIPANTS: This ride is open to the public. An Alberta Snowmobile Association Trail
Pass is not required. You must comply with Alberta laws including but not limited to carrying a
Valid Driver’s License, Snowmobile Registration with License, and wear a Helmet. You will be
required to sign a WAIVER FORM before starting the ride. As with all rides you ride at your
own risk.

This ride has been approved as a structured club charitable ride by Alberta Transportation, the
Counties and RCMP for ditch riding and you must follow the rules and remain behind the
designated lead snowmobile. Police vehicles may accompany this ride and at their discretion
issue fines for any observed infractions or violations.

Santa's Anonymous: Please bring toys or cash for Santa's Anonymous (Leave them at the TCSC Trailer at Parking Lot #2)
Food Bank: any non perishables for the Food Bank (Leave them at the TCSC Trailer at parking lot #2)
CANCELLATION: this ride will be cancelled if on Saturday the forecasted high temperature for SUNDAY is -20 degrees or colder (or check the TCSC website Saturday) For More Information contact Rudi Haak at (780) 922-4225

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toy Ride is now groomed

We groomed the 65 km toy ride on Friday January 8

The ride looks fantastic

Bring your family and friends and come out for the day

Great ride - free food & drinks - warm weather -- does not get any better......

canadakevin

Reaction score
Well - I have never done a ride like this before, but my brother and I are going to come out and join you all, sounds like a fun day.

canadakevin

Reaction score
Sorry I did not have a camera there today, but I do want to say a huge thank-you to all of you that did run this event - It was truely second to none the way you all worked together, It was also great to meet a few of you that I have scene post from Snow and Mud.

Thanks again both my brother and I had a blast.

Kevin

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great ride today, Tri county did an excellent job at the road crossings and the Bar-BQ and Rudy led the pack and managed to keep everyone together. Thanks Tri County.

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a great ride, couldn't have asked for better weather. Tri County did a good job putting this on, Thanks to everyone who organized this ride, Well Done! Sorry no pics, forgot the camera at home.

canadakevin

Reaction score
Hey RMK700 your avitar is a quad - was it you that wrecked the groomed trails that those guys worked on so hard the day before our ride?
:realmad:

:d Kevin

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey RMK700 your avitar is a quad - was it you that wrecked the groomed trails that those guys worked on so hard the day before our ride?

No it wasn't me, i was on my sled. I don't ride my quad in ministik (unless i'm trail clearing) as i have seen first hand the damage they do to the groomed trails. :nono:As for the avitar i put what i want in there and change it when i feel like changing it, didn't know i had to change it in the winter, must be a new rule:confused:

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it wasn't me, i was on my sled. I don't ride my quad in ministik (unless i'm trail clearing) as i have seen first hand the damage they do to the groomed trails. :nono:As for the avitar i put what i want in there and change it when i feel like changing it, didn't know i had to change it in the winter, must be a new rule:confused:

wasn't aware of that rule either, thought your sig line was info enough. guess people can't be bothered to look before they start there crap. unless they were trying to joke around, which they could try to do a little more clearly.

canadakevin

Reaction score
Well - first off - Yes I was trying to joke - thus the smile by my name at the end of it all - but obviously not to succesfully though.

I do appologize for that and definatley did not for a second think it was you or anyone else on this board.

So like I say I am sorry for not being clearer, and I promise if I make jokes in the future I will reread for clarity before I hit send.

Have a great day,

Kevin

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well - first off - Yes I was trying to joke - thus the smile by my name at the end of it all - but obviously not to succesfully though.

I do appologize for that and definatley did not for a second think it was you or anyone else on this board.

So like I say I am sorry for not being clearer, and I promise if I make jokes in the future I will reread for clarity before I hit send.

Have a great day,

Kevin

I guess i don't have much of a sense of humor at 6am, especially after seeing the damage done by the quads the day before. Maybe if you didn't have the :realmad: in there i would have seen it as a joke. I never even noticed the smile by your name. Anyways apology excepted, no hard feelings. I'll probably see you out at ministik, maybe even for a ride again one day.

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW !!!!! I better change my Avatar real quick , OH but I drive a RHINO,lol lol lol Just JOKING ,, I would like to thank all those who HELPED us as in MARSHAL"s And thank all those people who SHOWED up for this RIDE!!! The RIDE was a GREAT RIDE for a Great Cause. It shows sledders are responsible. They can drive in groups and drive with CARE.
THANK YOU One of the truck Marshal's :p:d:):eek:

haakeyez50

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin

I hope all that came out will come back and bring more sledder with them. Lets make this the CAPITAL REGION TOY RUN hosted by a club as in TRI County if need be and I will get the permits just get me the route and I will look after most of the rest Rudolf AKA Haakeye RH Thanks to all that came out and thanks to the Marshals as well lets make this a ride like the Bikers have in the fall , let us do it with sleds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom